Saturday, January 26, 2019

All that de-cluttering and cleaning made me hungry evidently!

My sour dough starter is simply amazing!  It is definitely alive and well!  I'd like to see what it does when I actually make a loaf of bread and what kind of 'rise' I get out of it........meanwhile,

I took some out and made some garlic and herb flat bread.....another recipe from Lisa over at Farmhouse on Boone...I cut her recipes in half as she is feeding 7! LOL!  There's one missing from this plate because I had to taste it and YUM.....a nice healthy snack or as a side to dinner..........
Then I made Lisa's Lara bars.......her recipes are very easy and she admits she doesn't like to spend a lot of time cooking..........I haven't tasted these yet so I'll let you know later but they are easy peasy to make....everything goes in the food processor for 3 minutes and then press it into a pan and refrigerate.............she uses orange essential oil but I used orange zest from 2 oranges I had.   I know you can use essential oils for cooking but they may have to be 'ingestable' ones.  I need to research that.  Lisa uses DoTerra oils but they are very expensive....
For the grand finale I made salmon patties....again, I have not cooked or eaten them yet so we shall see..........
 I'll be slicing up an avocado to have along with them.  No bread just the patties and my flat bread.   I am really getting hungry now~lol!  This is all really healthy food so I'm looking forward to a great dinner tonight!  What are you having?  Do you have a favorite healthy snack or meal or dessert? 
I cleaned the guest bathroom today and it is now minimalized too.  I paid the last of the bills for this month and worked some more on the tissue box cover which I will show you tomorrow on my YOP post.  Have a lovely evening!
Happy Trails!!!

8 comments:

  1. I know this will sound nuts, but I have rarely made anything with yeast. But yeast things taste so yummy. But I am not much of a cook and even less of a baker. But your stuff looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though we've already eaten our evening meal, now I'm hungry again. I haven't made salmon patties in a long time but I think they'll be on our menu for this coming week. I think the cold weather makes everyone's appetite crave good food. And plenty of it!

    This past fall our daughter started making super-healthy granola bars -- oh-so-much- better than anything you can buy -- so that's currently our healthy treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I would love that recipe! I was not impressed with the 'lara' bars...heavy on the chocolate and I'm not a big chocolate fan....nothing rich just a little sweet takes care of me but trying to find healthy yummy treats is not easy.

      Delete
  3. Tonight we had a soft taco...I just take a soft shell and add browned hamburger and some cheese and pop it into the microwave...pineapple for dessert! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had breakfast for dinner. French toast, eggs and bacon. We had two funerals to attend, so it was a rather stressful day.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. With all the "Minimalizing", you have a right to work up an appetite!!!!!

    But tell me, how does Marie Kondo, stay so tiny, if she works up an appetite, with her work?

    Because she is Japanese, and they carry the "Only What Is Needed Philosophy" over, into their way of eating too!!!!

    I have not mastered that, yet, either!!!!!!!! ,-)))))

    ✨🌲✨

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm... I love salmon patties and haven't made them in a long time. Years, I'm thinking. I just checked and see I have a can of salmon in my pantry (hopefully, it's still good). I was going to make fish for supper, but now I'm pondering salmon patties. :) If not tonight, definitely soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.

    Cleaning Services Australia
    End of lease cleaning Balmain

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!