Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Konmari Step #2 - Books.....started!

Woe is me as this category is my Achilles tendon!  But I got started and they say that is sometimes the hardest.  Granted, I have not thrown anything out yet...I'm still in 'the gathering stage'.  I decided to use my living room as the staging area as it is the biggest room and a lot of the books are already in there......but there truly are books in every room of this house except the bathrooms and the garage.  I need to recheck and see if this includes magazines.....I'm sure it does and if not it should.  I have lots of those too! 
This is just one bookcase unloaded but it's a start............ It's still dirty and needs to be dusted but there it is.....1 empty bookcase!
 Good news too!  My sourdough starter took off overnight.....I don't mean it left...I mean it doubled in size!  I must have some powerful yeast in this house!  Probably along with some less desirable bacteria too! LOL!
So now that it had almost filled the jar I took some out and made sourdough pancake batter for tomorrow morning.  You let it sit out and Good Golly Miss Molly......it is proofing like mad! I can't wait to make bread with it...........this too has doubled in size just since this morning!  I am so excited to try it!  It's been years!
I also have just 4 more rounds on Ben's Bear's hat and it will be done!  His other birthday present arrived after opening a 'case' with Pay Pal and it came all the way from China....it had all kinds of Chinese writing on it but it's here!  Hopefully it works and he will like it.  It is a steam cleaner for his car/truck.  You need a compressor but he has one.  He keeps his cars immaculate so I figure he will make good use of it.  My Iowa grand boys and my teacher daughter have been off 2 days now due to the snow.  She's really tired of shoveling!
What have you been up to?  Any Konmari people out there?  Misery loves company you know! LOL!
Happy Trails!!!


8 comments:

  1. Books!!!!! We have 2 sux foot talk cases, one barristers case and two built ins on either side of the fireplace FULL of books. 90% are hubby's. I read mine and then turn them into the used bookstore. Him...not so much. Hubby keeps promising to thin them out. I have been waiting 2 years for this to happen. I am not doing Konmari but just simplifying my life and home. We have way too much 'stuff'. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fellow book collector here. When we moved here I gave away a lot of books and have been much more selective in what I buy. Consequently I use the library a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went through a closet today and filled a garbage bag. Baby steps. Lots more clothes, but I’m really trying to lose weight and don’t want to have to buy more because I got rid of my smaller sizes. We’ll see.
    Books would be SO difficult. I already got rid of lots last year and took several boxes to Mandy.
    I’m impressed at your results.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purged my books last year. Oh man did I get rid of a lot, but still kept a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Books. Oh, if only I could get my husband to do what he's been promising to do and go through our books which are 90% his. I read a lot of novels, but only from the library. I have gardening reference books and my quilting and knitting related books in my quilt room. We DO have books in every room of the house including the bathroom and garage! It's not that hubby is sitting around wasting time, but I sure do wish this would be the winter he'd make a good start of sorting books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well - we did a massive clean out and downsize 2 years ago when we moved from our large townhouse to our 2 bedroom condo. But stuff builds up if you aren't watching. I am facing another cleanup this winter. Not following anyone person's method but I have read both of Maria Kondo's book and I am a follower of Joshua Becker he has a blog and two books - the most recent book came out in December: The Minimalist Home. I think whatever you do improves your home and living condition. I am enjoying your journey in this process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have books tucked away all over this house. I hate to start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhh Konmari!!!! ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ I do love her. Not that I am fully tidy, but, I try. Am really loving her (in my words) rolling instead of folding! Yesssssss!!!

    Have never done a compete put-all-out-and-cull-from-there. So I guess I'm not really into her. -smile-

    But she does create a calm aura. Even that, is a step in the right direction!

    Hooray for you and your Book Work!!!!!! We mostly did this, a few years ago. Use the library, and get some on our Kindles. My husband's eyesight is bad, and he really needs to read books, on his Kindle. I still like to hold "a book." But no more buying, randomly.

    Keep up the good work!!!!

    ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!