Sunday, January 20, 2019

YOP Week #30

Finishes: none this week



WIPs (works in progress):  There are more than this but these are the only 2 I worked on besides a heart dishcloth for the Our Happy Place CAL which I gave up on as I could not figure it out...I tried like 4 times....evidently I cannot follow directions well because it seemed I was the only one that had trouble with the pattern!
1)  I did work on the monthly Our Happy CAL place shawl...I took these pictures before the sun was up so they aren't the best............I'm using a skein of Lion Brand Mandala yarn
2)  Ben's Bear's hat........his birthday was Friday so per usual, I am late.........but it should get finished maybe even today.........I only have an inch more before the decreases....love this pattern except the brim gets old after 3 inches of it..............also.....I changed colors right after the brim which goes right into the hat pattern portion.   I recommend that you do a couple rows of plain knitting in between your color change and the brim because if you don't you end up with a definite mixing of the blue and the orange which doesn't look good.  It's okay and I'm not going back but just a little lesson learned.
The pattern is done in a single color so you wouldn't run into that predicament.



TOP 10 WIP's:

1)  Falling Leaves scarf - needs blocking
2)  Pickle Dish
3)  America x-stitch - done but needs finishing
4)  Amy's Frido Kahlo basket (July birthday) - done but needs to be sewn together
5)  Pin's embroidery
6)  Heart bookmark for V-Day - done but needs backing
7)  Toe-up socks
8)  Ben's hat
9)  Multnomah shawl
10. C2C blanket for Grayson (July birthday) 
11. (breaking the rules already!) Granny Triangle shawl for Our Happy CAL Place January CAL

NEW STARTS: none this week


 Finishes so far in 2018-19: 
1.  4th of July cross stitch pillow/ornie
2.  Hitchhiker shawl
3.  Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4.  Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for me Sam
5.  washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6.   Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7.  Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphghan
8.   dishcloth(s)...I need to count them
9. Cubs hat for Uriah
10. 12 days of Christmas Advent gifts
11. Cowl for Ben
12. Cowl for Tracy
13. Cowl for Natalie
14.  # 2018 Collectible ornaments for the grands
15.  Cowl for me or gift basket
16.  11 scrubbies for gift basket
17.  1 pot handle cover for gift basket

Based on my research for how to care for a wool blanket.....I think I will not make one out of wool.  Too hard to clean as it would be so big and heavy when wet.
We had snow yesterday!  I was so excited but going from 60's to 16 last night seems to mess with my system....I am very tired today.  This past week did not see much crafting as I was finishing up Konmari Step #1 - Clothes which is done.  Tomorrow I start with books!  Friday which is my usual craft day I was out of town and yesterday the kids kept calling and Skyping and I got little done except to try and catch up with dishes and laundry.  Just one day out of town and you'd think I'd been gone a week! LOL!  Now today I'm exhausted....from what?  I do need to make a meal today and make some bread plus I want to start my sourdough starter....no rest for the weary!  Happy Crafting this week.  I hope I'll have more to show you next week!
Oh, here's the beautiful snow today..........before the sun was up.............
and then when the sun came out..............pay no attention to the dates on my pictures....they are never accurate.........don't ask me why but I'm constantly having to reset it........


 Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!
















12 comments:

  1. Lovely snow photos. Yes, change in weather can mess with your system. But knowing you, you will bounce back quickly. Your sons hat is very nice as is the crocheted shawl. Stay warm my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely snowy photos and keep the Konmari updates too, I'm intrigued to see if it improves how you feel in and about your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wintry scenes look beautiful! It's nice that you can stay home and not have to drive in it. It's cool and windy here and I'm staying home all day. Trying to get housework done and hoping to watch some football later. Hope you feel less tired today. Love all of your projects! Makes me feel like I should at least start something! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Changes in weather bother me too. I need naps! Your projects are all coming along. I hope to get the rest of Christmas put away today:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you had so much trouble with the heart dishcloth that you didn't want to do it. I kept miscounting and fudging, and at first I left a comment in the CAL to that effect. Like you, though I had the impression that no one else had any issues, so I took that part of my comment down. lol Maybe everyone fudged!

    Your Granny Shawl is really coming along! And your snow pictures are beautiful. We woke up to a beautiful bitter snow-covered day, too, but I think you got more snow. It's supposed to warm up to the 40's by Tuesday and maybe rain. This is truly a weird winter. But I'm not complaining. Every rainy day is one that it isn't snowing! Or worse, icing!

    I hope you have a great week, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a great job on both the shawl and the hat. They’re coming right along. Your winter scenes are beautiful. I’m glad you like the snow. As for me, it could stay far, far away and I would be happy. I don’t like extreme changes in weather either. It must be something about getting older because I don’t recall it bothering me in the past.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you pick up soon Sam and stay warm, even though those snow pics are gorgeous! I like how Ben's hat is worked in two colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You inspire me with the way you keep track of all your projects. I'd like to get mine organized enough to follow your example. Keep it up, I'll keep reading and maybe it will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a winter wonderland! Shawl and hat are coming along nicely. I hope you get extra rest today, maybe your body is telling you it needs to fight off a cold or something. (Sounds like a good excuse to rest, drink hot beverages, and knit, if you ask me. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have so many projects! A wonderful list. I can also relate to running out of steam prematurely - at least to my old memory of what I could do. But keeping busy gives us satisfaction in life - especially when retired. Sitting in a chair is only good for knitting and crocheting - otherwise - just keep going. Loving your blog. Elaine (Retired Knitter)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The shawl looks really cute, and lovely wintery pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your shawl looks lovely. Good luck with the organisation and enjoying the snow, but do keep warm.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!