Finishes so far:
1. 4th of July xs pillow
2. Hitchhiker shawl
3. Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4. Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles
5. washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6. Iowa Hawkeye hat for Sam
7. Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline
There were no 'fresh ' finishes for this week....
WIP's (works in progress) for this week:
1. Falling Leaves Scarf: I am halfway finished with the second half of the scarf and I actually used my lifeline! The first time I needed to use it I forgot what row I had inserted it so that did me no good but the second time I used it.....it worked perfectly! Let me just say that silk yarn is not for me nor is lace but to be fair it may be the silk yarn that is causing me not to like lace. It's not a difficult pattern once you get going and I rather enjoy it except for the "slippery silk"! It does make for a very soft and drapey garment though.
2. Pickle Dish: This is such a great t.v. watching, mindless project. I cut out the fabric ahead of time for each "dish" and I have #4 of 11 in progress and should finish this week. All the hexies are done and I am just sewing them together now.
I hope you had a wonderful week and enjoyed working on your projects. Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other YOP'ers are working on.