1) Pumpkin Spice Farm.......the 'finishing finishing' still needs to be done but the stitching is complete
None this week
New Starts Planned: they're all secret! LOL!
YOP Goals from last week:
DONE 1. finish stitching Pumpkin Spice Farm
2. finish hexies and stitch together for Pickle Dish #5 of 11 (there are also 2 half PD's on the vertical and 6 half PD's on the horizontal plus 4 quarter PD's and then the connecting hexies)
3. Work on Amy's Frida Kahlo basket
4. Start house ornament
6. do the finishing work on "America" xs
7. do the finishing work on "Merry Xmas" xs
8. do the finishing work on "Primitive Santa"
9. finish rest of sock #1
10. make sock box and ornament box for 12 of each in a year (yeah right) lol!
YOP Goals for this coming week:
1. finish sock #1
2. finish Pickle Dish #5
3. trim all completed xs
4. kit up house ornament
5. work on Frida Kahlo basket
6. find Summer seasonal xs
7. get ready for Stitch Maynia
TOP 10 (or more) WIP's:
1) Pickle Dish
2) Stars and Stripes Saturday - America x-stitch - done but needs finishing
3) Amy's Frido Kahlo basket (July birthday) - done but needs to be sewn together
4) Pin's embroidery
6) C2C blanket for Grayson (July birthday)
7) Monthly Monday - HRH January
8) Witchy Wednesday - Button-Eyed Cat
9) Fall Friday -
10) Santa Sunday -Old St. Nick - done but needs 'finishing' work
11. Turkey Thursday
12. Seasonal Sunday -
13. Santa Sunday - new house ornament
Finishes so far in 2018-19:
1. 4th of July cross stitch pillow/ornie
2. Hitchhiker shawl
3. Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4. Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for
5. washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6. Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7. Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphghan
8. dishcloth(s)...I need to count them
9. Cubs hat for Uriah
10. 12 days of Christmas Advent gifts
11. Cowl for Ben
12. Cowl for Tracy
13. Cowl for Natalie
14. # 2018 Collectible ornaments for the grands
15. Cowl for me or gift basket
16. 11 scrubbies for gift basket
17. 1 pot handle cover for gift basket
18. Ben's Bear's hat
19. Falling Leaves Scarf
20. Tissue Box Cover - 5 of them!
21. Granny Square Shawl
22. Kathleen Tracy doll quilt
23. Pumpkin Spice Farm xs
24. Spring xs
News from the homestead:
We had storms but nothing severe like in Mississippi. My newly replanted clematis got beat down a bit.....I'm going to have to tie them up better.....this was taken before the rain.....they're all down now........but on the bright side they are full of buds getting ready to bloom!
I scrambled a dozen eggs........and set aside......
then you wrap wrap them up 'burrito style'........I cannot tell a lie.....I had to watch several You Tube videos to get the hang of it............there were 20
Plus, my time is valuable....I'm retired!
I lied last week when I said the red buds were in bloom.....maybe but not full bloom! These are the same trees from last week.......... not sure what that contraption is in front of them...It looks like some kind of a trap but I was too tired to walk over there and investigate.....
Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other YOP'ers are working on.