Thursday, January 24, 2019

A little bit of everything day..........

Okay, I had a great breakfast with sourdough pancakes I made with my very own sourdough! 
They were/are delicious! I cooked up some bacon to go with and left some bacon grease in the pan to cook up the pancakes...worked great especially in my cast iron skillet...........
 I ended up with a pretty large stack of them so I froze them with 2 pancakes per bag.  I can't eat pancakes every day as much as I loved them! LOL!
These are whole wheat and to be honest, they cooked up better and easier than any other pancake batter I've ever  used.  I used this free ebook to make my sourdough and this recipe for the pancakes.  I'll be making these for the grands the next time they come!
I did a lot of things today including some bill paying, and I cleaned using my usual vinegar and water mixture but added some lemon essential oil and WOW....it gets things squeaky clean!  I had gotten a free ebook from Lisa at The Farmhouse on Boone.  She has a blog and a You Tube channel.............her recipe and explanations on the different essential oils and their uses is excellent!
Here's the link to that ebook When I finished, my whole bathroom smelled lemon fresh instead of vinegary! LOL!  The only other thing she adds is tea tree oil for it's germ killing properties but I didn't have any so although my bathroom smells great it is evidently still full of germs.  I'll be adding tea tree oil to my essential oil collection.  I also ordered some other cleaning supplies from Grove collaborative which carries all kinds of environmentally, pet and human friendly products and they always send free stuff with the order!  I'll show you all of it when my order arrives but meanwhile you can go HERE 
and if you are a first time customer you get all kinds of free items....really nice, useful cleaning items!
They have autoship if you want but I never care for that so I opt out of it. They are topnotch in the products they carry, the quality and their customer service and I get nothing for saying that.
I also finished Ben's hat today.......in "Da Bear's" colorway.  I hope he likes it.........
As for Konmari Step #2 - all I did was clean the book case I emptied yesterday.......but it's something at least.  Tomorrow I'll get Ben's presents wrapped and sent off to him and hopefully get some more book clearing done.
I also found the Instant Pot I want on Amazon and it is the kind you can make yogurt in too.  I found a recipe for coconut cream yogurt (non-dairy). I had some from the health food store that I loved so another adventure!  I used to eat yogurt daily....the good Greek style until the doctor said to stay away from dairy as it was affecting my cholesterol so I've gone to almond milk but the Coconut yogurt was so good with nuts and honey on it or fruit and granola.....either way since I can't get it locally I'll be making my own.  I've decided to get an Instant Pot also because I only have one burner that works and the other 2 are a grill and one just doesn't work at all....so useless.  So, having another cooking vessel would be a big help!  
Amazon also carries Ball glass jars with plastic screw on lids that will be perfect for the yogurt.  I am getting away from all plastic eventually.  I learned that essential oils can leach through plastic so I ordered a glass spray bottle from Grove.  I'll order more as my budget permits.  Good bye plastic!
That's all for today!  Even though I didn't get a lot of book clearing done I feel really good about what I accomplished today.  I hope you're feeling good about your day too!
Oh, one more thing!  Our Happy CAL Place on Ravelry has the cutest weekly project for this week......a granny square tissue box cover!  Too cute!  Although the week is almost over I have printed off the pattern.  I am all over this bad boy!  Head on over to the Ravelry group to get your free pattern and tutorial!
Happy Trails!!!
 

10 comments:

  1. The hat turned out great. I'm sure Ben will love it very much. I have a vegan pancake recipe I use that always turns out perfect. No sugar added which doesn't matter since I use either maple syrup or jam when I eat them. They freeze perfectly and I just heat them up in the toaster when I want to eat one (or two). I've always wanted to make a granny tissue box cover but just haven't ever done it. You actually do the things while I continue to just think about them. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I'm thinking...heating them up in the toaster. Next time I will remember to make them smaller so they fit in the toaster. I had to cut some in half before I froze them. I don't think there was any sugar in the recipe just honey and I used organic maple syrup on top when I ate them.
      I have not started the tissue box cover yet....we shall see! LOL! I'm a great planner but slow on the follow through!

      Delete
    2. To enjoy your relationship after going through a break, you have to control it. Love spell is the answer with the help of Dr Ekpen you have nothing to worry about contact him today via email at ekpentemple@gmail.com or whatsapp +2347050270218 your nightmares in your relationship will be over once and for all.

      Delete
  2. I love making whole wheat blueberry pancakes here. Yum. I also heard of the Grove items too. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certain things seem more attractive (to both eye and tummy) in cold weather. Pancakes and waffles, meat loaf and mashed potatoes, etc. My favorite recipe for waffles makes many more than we want to eat in one sitting so I freeze the extras and pop them in the toaster when we want waffles again. Also, we like a poached egg on top of a warmed and buttered waffle.

    As for the eye appeal, that tissue box cover is also perfect for this time of year (when we may be using more tissues!). Warm and cozy. That's the name of the game around here right now. -15F this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been years since I had any sourdough starter but I think I still have my cookbook. Pancakes were my favorite using it! With real maple syrup. Something about the tang of the pancakes and the sweetness went together so well! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link to the starter! I have always wanted to try it! I will add it to my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are 'funny'. We don't care for sourdough. ,-)))))

    Been years since I had a yogurt maker too.

    Also years, since I did the old "Friendship Bread" thing. :-) Does anyone even do that, anymore??? You run out of people, to share the starter with!!!!

    Plus, I have not been able to eat Gluten in years. And those delicious breads, were real bread!

    ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Pancakes look delicious. I’ve been craving French toast for several days now and I think I’m going to splurge and make some this morning. The hat turned out great too. I think you are going to love your instant pot. I’ve had one for about a year and we bought one for Mandy for her birthday this month. It’s amazing the things you can cook in it. Entire meals at one time! I hope you have a wonderful day today my friend. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!

    Spring cleaning
    End of lease cleaning Sydney

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!