Monday, January 21, 2019

Walmart.....again............

It's supposed to rain 100% tomorrow so I went to Walmart today.  I did rest yesterday...even took a nap!  But now I am drained again after grocery shopping and unloading it all and putting it all away.  Maybe it's just old age.....a chronic condition for me! LOL!  Anyway.....yesterday I did manage to get my new cart put together.........I think it is so cute and functional too!  I want all my furniture to have wheels........
I also 'started' my sourdough starter..........oh, you can't see it?
here........not much to look at....yet....the only thing I don't understand is why you're supposed to cover it....how is the 'wild' yeast supposed to get in?  When I did it years ago I remember putting cheesecloth over it and putting it outside but it was summer.
I have to feed it every 12 hours...............just like another live pet!
Since I wasn't feeling too perky yesterday, I defrosted some pasta fajoli I had frozen.....I think it tastes even better after freezing.........I had some garlic bread with it......comfort food!  I'm going to freeze more things like this so I have them on hand when I'm busy or just don't feel like cooking.  I thought freezer meals were just for busy Moms but it's for busy retired people too!
I finished this book by Sandra Dallas and it reminded me of how good her books are!  Highly recommend............she's not Janet Oke but her stories are historical fiction....I think?  What do I know?
I'm worn out now but I'll be home tomorrow and get around to see what you all have been up to.
Happy Trails!!!

6 comments:

  1. I usually feel pooped when I've been away from home doing errands out and about. Even if I get home and have part of the day left, I can't seem to change into "home" gear. (Weak mind??)

    Having food in the freezer or pantry is our "convenience" food. I keep a good supply of put by/ready made soup on hand and also some casseroles in the freezer ready to go into the oven. And then there are always my Stuffed Green Peppers. Just have to remember to take them and any casserole out of the freezer to defrost on the counter several hours!

    You have rain coming tomorrow, we have snow starting tonight and going through tomorrow. Gotta plan around the weather no matter what time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you cart and the color too. Mine is boring gray. I keep all my knitting projects, journals, books and essentials in it and keep it by my spot in the living room. I agree about furniture having wheels. Sure would make for easy cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, why is that that a day of errands is so energy draining? Great cart! I know you'll put it to good use. And thanks for the author recommendation. This time of year I always hope to get a little reading done (or more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like that cart. Like I said before, I almost bought one just like it but I didn’t and now I’m sort of regretting it. Ha! Your frozen dinner looks absolutely wonderful. I try to do that too. Make a little bit extra to freeze for those days when there’s just not enough time to make a decent dinner. I was able to stay home almost all day today and I sure enjoy these kinds of days. I’m a homebody at heart. Blessings always, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think we just have to accept, that with age, we get "pooooped," quicker, and live with it! At least, that's my way. We are both in our 80's. And if you can't accept it then, when will you????? ,-)

    ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://sites.google.com/view/movers-riyadh/movers-najran
    https://sites.google.com/view/movers-riyadh/movers-Jizan
    https://sites.google.com/view/movers-riyadh/jazan
    https://sites.google.com/view/movers-riyadh/taif

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!