Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Treasures and practical solutions.......

I'm sorry I still have not gotten around to everyone.....I am behind reading blogs!  I haven't even started my Konmari Step #2!  But yesterday was Walmart and today was catch up on the house....garbage day, cleaning litter boxes, prepping and making dinner and many other household tasks.
Yesterday I got a French Press at Walmart and some heavy cream to go with it and the whole coffee beans.  I have wanted a French Press for quite awhile especially if we would lose power.  Lisa from Farmhouse on Boone says it is the best especially with a bit of heavy cream!  So I made some this morning and although I have to get my 'grinding' down pat as it was a little weak...the flavor was great!  I'd had French Press coffee years ago at a resort and loved it but I never followed through when I came home.  Now, my wishes are coming true!  I used Starbucks Breakfast Blend Whole Bean that I bought in Mountain Home last week. I've had my grinder for years.
 I got a new mister as my old one just like this finally bit the dust after about 8 years!  I loved it because not only does it use a cool mist to humidify my bedroom but you can put essential oils in it which scent the room at the same time.....love!
This is sort of what it looks like 'on' but the entire thing changes colors if you want it to.......

Something I had not planned on but have been wanting for a long time and always forget about it is a rechargeable battery station with rechargeable batteries........Energizer just came out with one or I just noticed it.............it comes with 4 batteries but you can buy them without the charger too..........

  I was so bad......not only did I not do Konmari which is books for Step #2 but I bought 2 magazines!  I'm going backwards not forwards but I must admit.....this is for my future small spaces home.........great ideas for any size home and the decorating is superb........this is a reference magazine for sure!
Then, of course, I had to get the Spring issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects..........both of these magazines did not disappoint..............
Last night I had the last of the Pasta Fajoli with garlic bread and..........a salad with the greens I grew!  Organic, delicious and no recall!   It's been in the low teens here but it didn't bother them in my little 'greenhouse'....
Last week, at my local grocery store here in town they had these Knorr Meal Starters on sale for 1/2 price so I got 2 of each flavor............it looked pretty healthy so I took a chance.  I made one tonight ...
The Lemon Chicken with Barley....I provide the chicken and carrots and spinach..........it's just about done now.....pretty easy!
I'll let you know how I like it....the other 2 are a Southwestern Chicken and a Steak and Peppers with Brown Rice and Quinoa...stay tuned!  Just have to add the spinach on top and cover for a few minutes off the heat and my supper is ready!
Hopefully tomorrow I will get to the Konmari or even tonight for a bit.........I hope you had a great day!
Happy Trails!!!



12 comments:

  1. How in the world do you accomplish so much in a day or two. Do you have daily 'to do' lists? I have often wondered about French Pressed coffee. I only drink decaf and only during the cooler months. Hubby drinks full caffeine year round. But hates cream in his black tar. Lol When you move north are you going to do a 'tiny' home? I am fascinated by them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a list maker and I try to pick my top 3 priorities at the very least because I run out of steam but never sure when that's going to happen! LOL! Look who's talking! You get way more done than I do in a single day! Evidently great minds think alike?

      Delete
  2. Gosh your dinner looks so good! And your coffee sounds delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy hearing about your day. I’ve tried to get my husband interested in a French press, even telling him I would make it for him whenever he wants coffee but no luck. He loves his Keurig. I worry about the stuff that could be growing in the water reservoir on it. He’s not worried. Go figure. Your mister looks like it would be very nice. And I like your dinner mixes too. You’ll have to let us know how they are. Sleep well. Blessings,Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for growing your own salad greens! You had a busy day...I am not fond of many of those specialty mixes, I think we may like plain food:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello and thank you for dropping by my blog. And thank you for the lovely comments on my grand daughter Esk. She is a beautiful child for sure. I enjoyed hearing about your purchases. I have read the book about the Konmari Method and it is based on having what gives you joy. These things obviously gave you joy. I enjoyed this post. I will be back. Elaine (Retired Knitter) at http://mynext20yearsofliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may not have accomplished all you wanted or thought you would accomplish, but you still got one heckuva lot done. (That's what *I* have to learn to put the emphasis on!)

    Growing your own greens this time of year? Wow, just wow. Hubby and I have been talking about getting back into sprouting. We spend good money on buying the best Vit C supplements (which we think is so important especially this time of year) and just found out sprouted radish seeds have the highest content of Vit C than any other sprout. And we love the zingy flavor of sprouted radish seeds. So we need to get on that! (Gak, another thing to be added to the daily list . . . ) :o}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh....sprouted radish seeds? I am right there with you....another rabbit hole! LOL!

      Delete
  7. Hi Sam! :) Nice mister! I love it, I still use the one Alex got for me last year! I really love the orange and lemon essential oils in it. And we can certainly use the little bit of humidity it mists out, it's so dry in the winter.

    I love French Pressed coffee too. But Oscar the Cat, the little brat, sent ours hurling off the counter a few years back and we never replaced it. I used to have a little ritual each morning. Ground the beans, made the coffee...and as it was brewing, I'd heat up my milk and whip it all up to make a "coffee-cino" lol...it was fun and tasted so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the one Alex got you...it was gorgeous! Yes, my nose was starting to bleed so I figured it was too dry in the bedroom...evidently I'm a 'nose breather"..lol!
      I am so sorry I have not been over to see you. It's because I always want to writre you a long letter so I put it off....I'm such a bad friend! I'm so glad you haven't given up on me!

      Delete
    2. Are you kidding me? I would never give up on you!!! :) You're a wonderful lady and a great inspiration to me! :) Better a nose breather than a mouth breather I say lol! If ever you feel up to it, write me a snail mail letter! Wouldn't that be cool to be REAL pen pals? :)

      Delete
  8. I never thought of investing in a French press coffee maker, but I have one you use over a campfire too. I may have to look into that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!