Sunday, December 23, 2018

YOP Week #26

And Blogmas Day 23...here's your little bit of Christmas for today..................here's the link
I am going to deviate from my normal YOP post as I am tired of 'making'...not creating but making! LOL!  I've decided that I will no longer 'make' gifts for others not because they don't appreciate it but because I went to T.J.Maxx last week and they had lovely gifts for less than I could buy the materials to make something mediocre.  I'm burnt out right now.....I got the interfacing cut for the ornaments but that's as far as I got...........they'll get done.....after Christmas..........but their main presents are all mailed and some received already. 
I did create though..............I made 2 big trays of Christmas Crack for the people that deliver my mail, take away my garbage, keep my car running and fill my prescriptions.  I'll deliver them tomorrow.....I posted the recipe in a previous post this past week...........
I also did some decorating so I could enjoy my little corner of the festivities.............

As for Advent Day #23...my daughter wrote........"You light up my life".........you light up mine too sweetie!  Here they are...............
teeny tiny battery operated lights.............I love lights and will use them for sure....maybe tomorrow!
To all my blog friends and especially for those who only visit on Sundays.......
Happy Trails!!!

7 comments:

  1. I’m glad you made the Christmas Crack. Isn’t it good? I made more today at Dennis’s request. I know what you mean about making. I only make gifts for those that I know appreciate the time and effort I put into it. Like socks for Dennis and the kids and the sweater I make for them all. Otherwise, I buy gifts and make things for charity. There isn’t any time pressure in making for charity.
    Love your daughters advent gift. She knows you well.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been so much fun to see your daughter's gifts! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still have the Christmas Crack recipe on my to do list. It may be Easter but I will get it made. You decor is so precious. Everything is just so cute. I like you have taken weeks to really get it done. Makes it special. Merry Christmas my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At some point you just have to call it quits. Or at least take a little break from all the making. We put so much pressure on ourselves to do so much. Sometimes you just need to chill and enjoy the moment. I make so much stuff that's just piling up. I'm thinking to just wrap it up and just start handing it all out to people I see in the streets. :) Merry Christmas Eve to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are quite right to stop and just enjoy the fruits of your labours! Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've loved seeing your advent gifts from your daughter Sam, it's been wonderful, thank you for sharing. You are so right to just create, so much can be lost in just making and I must admit but so little of what I gift is made by me and only when I really want to. I hope you enjoyed the festivities.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!