Saturday, December 29, 2018

Back at it............

Trying to get back in the groove after the holiday and it feels good.  I wanted to show you my star that I made for my tree last year................I think it looks more like a star fish but I'll take it.............
I am in list making, planning and organizing mode.  I get this way every year around this time.

 I have another gift to make for my son for his birthday the 18th.  He wants a Bear's color hat like Uriah's Cubs hat so I ordered yarn today and some needles and some sock yarn from Knit Picks.  They're having a sale!  I'm also looking and looking and looking at cross stitch patterns but I haven't bought any yet.  I want to get back to my weekly stitching schedule too.  Today is Stars and Stripes Saturday so if I can get the ornaments done....the finishing takes the most time.........then I will work on my cross stitch.  I have many WIPs too that need to be paid attention too.  I may do that 'bag trick' where you put the project, pattern and supplies in a bag and then number all your bags.  You put the numbers in a jar and draw one out and that is the project you work on until done and then you pick another number.  Sounds good to me!  A little reward of a new project to work on would be nice too.  Of course, I guess that sort of defeats the purpose.  LOL!  But I definitely need carrots dangled in front of me.

 I've spent 3 days untangling another skein of this yarn!  It takes more time to untangle these skeins than it does to crochet the blanket! LOL!  But at least now I can get back to the mindless C2C which I love.
  I made some cheese spread today......very easy but it is supposed to sit in the frig for a few hours so if it 'makes the cut' I'll share the recipe tomorrow.
That's all for now....I'll finish up the ornaments hopefully tonight so I can show them tomorrow and maybe do a little cross stitch.  I need to update Ravelry and make a collage....maybe.
Happy Trails!!!

3 comments:

  1. Dennis actually likes to untangle yarn so I just hand knitted skeins over to him. He says it’s relaxing. Ha! I feel my BP going up, up, up when I untangle those messes. :-)
    The numbers and bag trick sounds like a great idea. I would like to get back to some small cross stitch projects too. Enjoy your evening my friend,
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam :)) I'm not back into normal mode yet...New Year's food is near... :) Your "starfish" ornament is so cute! And I hope your cheese spread will make the cut!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a little seashell tree so that star would be neat! Lots to plan for the new year to come. You always have so much to do...you are so creative! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!