Wednesday, December 26, 2018

The Day After.............

 The excitement of Christmas and then the aftermath.....I feel lost, uninspired and unmotivated...what's up with that?  I think it's just getting back on track with my normal schedule.
More cards are trickling in which makes me feel better as mine are not in the mail yet....okay, so they're not even written yet but I did find them!
I got some lovely things for Christmas..............candles.....I'm stocked for the rest of winter I think.......there were 2 candles but one broke in the mail................
These 2 are Yankee Christmas candles..........
these are traditional.....
Remember  when I mentioned I might make some of these for gifts?  Ben's girlfriend beat me to the punch......wool dryer balls.....love!
Amy and her family sent me these.....right up my alley....she got me 2 as she knows I will probably use them for curtains............so cute!
I got this plate from them a few years ago and I love it and use it....love me some vintage!

It is rainy and foggy here with more coming this way and wind warnings through tomorrow.  I was able to deliver the Christmas Crack to all the rest this morning (even the garbage guys) and back home before the rain and I have no reason to go out again until after New Years.  I'm trying to get back on track with my 5 minute pickup, 15 minute de-clutter and 15 minute paper work.  I'm catching up with laundry and a few bills and maybe a little birthday shopping online......hmmm...maybe that will bring my creative mojo back.....punch needle has my attention for the moment but so do all those wips! LOL!
Do you have creative plans for the New Year?  Are there any interesting KALs or CALs or MALs that you're joining?   Curious minds want to know!
Happy Trails!!!



6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the day after Christmas. My younger son spent last night here so that was a treat for us and for my little dog Bounce who slept with my son. I don't know what a KAL etc. is, I am guessing it is for crafting. I aim to write some family history this next year, per family request.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cowgirl dish towels are the bomb! How cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks as though you got some nice gifts. I made a stop at Michael’s today while I was out and about before the snow started falling. They had a wonderful sale on today. The entire stock of yarn was at very good prices and I bought candles for $1.60! They are the jar candles that are normally $9.99. I thought that was a great deal. I also bought my advent candles for next year for $.80 instead of the normal $4.99.
    The lady who did the “12 blocks of Christmas KAL” is going to continue putting out a new block every week. I’m not sure if I will take part in that or not as I have other things I want to work on.
    Yesterday was so quiet here it almost seemed more like a normal Saturday instead of Christmas. I guess that happens when it’s just the two of you and not all the little children running around. I missed the busyness but I guess I need to learn our new normal.
    Many blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful gifts. I really don't have any plans just yet, but I do plan on having many anniversary celebrations with my husband this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated Christmas Sam :) Candles are always fun to receive, how nice! I feel a little let down as well! I don't plan on leaving the driveway until after the new year either! We have everything we need here at home. Creative projects are on hold for me in 2019...Alex and I will be focusing on our (hopefully!!!) big move. As of January 1st, I've vowed two hours each day to look at real estate listings, learn about real estate jargon and law, zoning and property taxes depending on the area...etc...we're still saving every penny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your turtles have me seriously wanting some now. Just so's you know... And regarding CALs. After declaring that I had no interest I'm now seriously contemplating joining in a Temperature CAL for next year. There are so many questions, though... How long does a blanket get? What if I get dreadfully behind? What am I thinking? I did pull colors I can use out of my stash yesterday. I have the bag they're in labeled. The question is should I really do this? I'm weighing any and all opinions. :) Maybe I'll pose the question in Sunday's YOP post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!