Sunday, December 30, 2018

YOP Week #27





Finishes:
1)  I'm working on refilling my gift basket with dish cloths and scrubbies so these were done this week....it feels so good to get back to my regular 'makes'........
WIPs (works in progress):
1)  C2C Blanket - After  untangling 2 skeins of yarn not much progress has been made.......

2)  2018 Collectible Christmas ornaments - still not done...they're stuffed and sewn together but need the trim and hanger sewn on.......

3)  I still haven't finished this cowl but it should be done this week...so close.........I have truly enjoyed making these and they may join my 'regulars' for the gift basket.....this was a free pattern from Fiber Flux................
Acquisitions:  I have purchased a few things. I will be 70 years old on January 4th and I feel I deserve it! LOL!  I am getting into a new hobby this year....punch needle so I need the supplies for it.  I bought a 7" and 10" standing hoop and I still need to order a pattern, punch needle and fabric.  You use embroidery floss to punch with and I have plenty!  I also ordered yarn for a Chicago Bear's hat to make for my son, Ben, who's birthday is the 18th.  While I was at Knit Picks (they were having a sale by the way) I picked up some speckled sock yarn and some more needles.  Today I plan on ordering some  cross stitch supplies.  I've been putting away a little money for my birthday and I'm glad I did because ordinarily there is nothing left after Christmas! LOL!  So, I might have some things to show you next week along with a list of plans and projects for the next half of YOP!


 Finishes so far in 2018-19: 
1.  4th of July cross stitch pillow/ornie
2.  Hitchhiker shawl
3.  Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4.  Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for me Sam
5.  washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6.   Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7.  Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphghan
8.   dishcloth(s)...I need to count them
9. Cubs hat for Uriah
10. 12 days of Christmas Advent gifts
11. Cowl for Ben
12. Cowl for Tracy
13. Cowl for Natalie
14.  Scrubbies....5 so far

 Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.  Happy New Year and this coming year may we all have wonderful projects to work on and the money to buy more! LOL!
Happy Trails!!!

















14 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Sam for the 4th, I hope you have a wonderful day. You've made great progress for the first half of the YOP year, can't wait to see what your plans are for the remainder of YOP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ornaments are just beautiful. They will be treasured keepsakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam :) How do those scrubbies hold up? They look great! The blanket looks cozy! And the ornaments are so cute!! Punch needle...never heard of it but I'm going to look it up! Happy Early Birthday my friend!!! I have your b-day in my calendar!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sam I just looked up the punch needle...WOW I WANT!!! :) You are going to have a lot of fun with that!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year and a very happy birthday when it comes. A new hobby sounds like a perfect gift for yourself. I look forward to seeing what you make. Lovely seeing the ornaments stuffed, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday for Friday. You deserve anything you want and a new hobby sounds great. I love all of those ornaments and the cowl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and my hubby are the same age! It is amazing how young 70 looks when one is 65! LOL Your ornaments are so cute. Love them! I am going to take a page from your book this coming year. I want to get a 'gift box' and make little items to put into it over the year. I love to do dishcloths and those scrubbies look like a good idea but I don't want to buy anymore yarn. Ear warmers might be an idea for a small quick knit/crochet as well as fingerless mitts for men and women. Oh my, you have really gotten me started thinking now. Have a Happy New Year and a marvelous birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday a bit early! I really enjoyed seeing your projects today. Those scrubbies look great and the ornaments are wonderful. You did such Neta work. Your plans sound wonderful. I want to do more cross stitch this year but have no room for pictures. Maybe ornaments and book markers would be a good plan?
    I hope you’re having a great Sunday. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betys

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ornaments look wonderful, Sam! I need to try my hand at making some (more) - once upon a time I made some simple cross stitch ornaments, but you've gotten me wanting to do it again. And just as I was going to put some scrubby yarn into a giveaway box you've made me think I should try to make something with it.

    I hope you have a very Happy Birthday, friend. So very glad you got yourself the tools for a new hobby. I really look forward to seeing what you do with punch needle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors on the cowl are beautiful. I am starting a list of items I need to pick up at the craft store for some new projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oof, I feel you on untangling yarn! I was winding some yarn over the weekend and I encounter way too many tangles! The Christmas ornaments are such a good idea! Might have to steal that for next year. :)

    Happy early birthday! 70 is an awesome number.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you tell me where I can get the Cubs ornament pattern.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happiest of birthdays dear one. I love your needlepoint ornaments. I can't believe you are 70. I hope to be just as busy as you when I get there ( it is only 7 years away)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Osm Post Dear.. M Following your Website For Very Long Time ago..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!