Thursday, January 3, 2019

Getting ready for THE BIG DAY!!!

Ha! Ha!  It will most probably be a day like most which is fine as I do enjoy my life every day as much as possible.  It will be Friday Craft Day and Friday Night Sewing with Friends and I will make the dump cake to have with ice cream so it will be a good day!
Today was good although I got a late start...I slept in until 6:00 a.m. and I've felt behind all day.  I baked off my bread last night...........
Today I got the ornaments finished and packed up to mail.............


I had some leftover cream cheese so before it spoiled I whipped up some cocktail sauce and poured it over the cream cheese to have with crackers.....it looks like 'the blob'...............but it tastes good! 
 I fixed a side dish of organic brown rice to go with the chicken..............I am amazed at how many  organic products that Walmart is carrying...more and more each time I go.

I didn't get much else done except some laundry and dishes......I worked on this C2C blanket on breaks and finally used a progress marker so YOP people can see how much I've done from week to week and me too! LOL!
Now it's time for the girl's meds and my supper and then recline!  I need to be rested for 'the big day' tomorrow! LOL!
Happy Trails!!!



 

7 comments:

  1. I’m glad you get so much joy out of celebrating your big day! That’s important. Your bread looks delicious. I made homemade chicken and rice soup for dinner last night, and my goodness it was good. So much better than the canned stuff. I hope you have a nice relaxing evening my friend. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get to rest all day tomorrow. Well, other than taking care of you menagerie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good day in itself! Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "vim and vigor" of your life that comes through in your blog posts! Such an upper to spread to others.

    I may get up the gumption to attack my pantry today . . . although I know I'm going to have to spend some time outside trying to do some ice removal. Our temp is supposed to climb up to the high 30s before turning colder and more snow for the weekend. But it's winter so what do we expect?!

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam, hope you had a great Friday and got lots of craft time, Aloha! We are enjoying our trip! I am sitting on a balcony looking at lots of lights and enjoying the warm night air. Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What trip? You never mentioned anything about a trip! Are you really in Hawaii? Well, bless you both! You deserve it after all the cold winters you've weathered. I'm so happy for both of you! Enjoy and stay as long as you can! And of course take lots of pictures!

      Delete
  6. Yes I have not mentioned it on the blog, we have been here left after Christmas, it is warm here! We had an adventure just getting here. Today I am going to the pool that overlooks the ocean. It is very warm here for old women! We didn’t want locals that read the blog to know we were gone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!