Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Makin' and Bakin' Day!!!

I'm trying to get back on schedule AND remember what day it is! LOL!  Our garbage day is Tuesday but it was a holiday so it was today and I remembered..... PTL!  Relaxing over the holidays was nice although with 2 cats and 2 invalid dogs there wasn't THAT much relaxing.  I was behind on 'vittles' so I hard boiled some eggs and made some egg salad to have on hand.  It's different every time I make it but this time it was eggs, Hellman's Mayonnaise, curry powder, some cayenne pepper, celery, onions. salt, pepper and dill relish.  Yummo!
Aren't they gorgeous eggs?  Organic my friends!  Beautiful color, no green or sick yellow and they peel easily....just sayin'..............
  I also have bread rising...just the easy peasy no-knead bread...........
I was going to make a dump cake today too (not organic...leftover holiday menu food).....I try to eat healthy but I let myself eat whatever on the holidays.  I've been up since 4:00 a.m. and I'm starting to slow down so the dump cake may have to wait until tomorrow.  I made the roast chicken with carrots and onions yesterday.....very good for what felt like a Sunday dinner.  I was going to make some rice or potatoes to go with it but again.....it didn't get done.
But I am back on schedule with my cross stitch...it is Witchy Wednesday so I worked on The Button-Eyed Cat.....I did several rows of the black and the eyes are now in the picture...sort of.....I would say I'm about 1/3 done.....I hope I finish by Halloween 2019!
I need a new cross stitch for Merry Monday and I need to order one..........
Remember when I said I wanted to get into punch needle?  Well, I remember I had done it years ago and so I went 'digging' to see if I had the punch needle and what size...............I found it!  I guess I am going to have to order the pattern I want in order to know what  size needle punch to use and also what fabric.  I know I have a finished version of this pumpkin somewhere....I think the one below was my first attempt.  It looks like it is on muslin but I've heard to use weaver's cloth but that may depend on what cloth and punching material you are using such as floss or yarn.  Another learning experience!  If anyone knows about this please tell me in the comments...I am a novice here.
 Here's a funny for you.............Miss Peeps took this wool duster off the door it was hanging on and put it next to Annie while she was sleeping.....she must have thought she was cold....too cute these girls!
You can't see her in the picture but she was off to the side.  To be truthful, Annie doesn't really trust Miss Peeps since she used to 'ride' her when she was a kitten.
That's all for today folks.....it's cold and rainy here 37 F but at least it held off until I got the mail and the garbage can back in.....we're toasty now!
Happy Trails!!!





7 comments:

  1. Another productive day for you. Cute photo of Annie and duster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Peeps is probably going to help you with the housework later! heehee! Just resting now! I put away decorations today and I am beat! I wish I could say I got it all done...but not quite! Enjoy your evening! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good golly, you were on fire with your makin' and bakin' today! I didn't touch handwork of any kind all day. Went out to do a few necessary errands and may not go out again all winter. Waaaay too much ice on roadways and walkways!

    I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna know what day of the week it is until we make it through this coming weekend and start a week with no holiday in it.

    Is your "punch needle" work the same as needle punching? I know nothing about it. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness you are one busy lady. Egg salad sounds wonderful. I hadn’t thought of that in ages, but I think I’ll make some for my lunch tomorrow. Today I have chicken and wild rice soup bubbling away on the stove for dinner. It’s a cold, cold day here, only 16°F outside right now. Soup sounded very good to me for dinner. I hope you have a lovely evening, my friend. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, You are a no reply blogger, so I am answering your question here.

    The machine is an HQ Sweet Sixteen mid-arm machine. I too cannot have my quilts machine quilted by someone else. That adds up in a hurry. So my hubby bought this machine for me. It was a floor model and affordable.I have done all of my own quilting on my Bernina, but the Sweet Sixteen will give me more room to quilt larger quilts. It will be a learning curve, and hopefully I'm up for the challenge.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Happy Cottage Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your egg salad sounds yummy, Sam. I'm with Mama Pea above. I need a solid week of a normal in order to know what day of the week I'm in. I'm always impressed with your motivation and discipline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea what day it is! Miss peeps is a stinker...Annie does not look thrilled. I hope your elder are is going okay, I know it is hard. Pat all your girls for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!