Sunday, November 25, 2018

YOP Week #22

 and Day #25 of...............

 YOP 2018-2019



FINISHES:
 1)  I finished Uriah's Cubs hat for Christmas.............
2)  I also managed 2 more 12 Days of Christmas gifts........one bought and one handmade...........
the bought was this......paper scent beads in Pumpkin Pie and Lilac
The handmade was my first try at Bath Bombs (thank you so much Lucy for the idea!) and although I didn't have a mold (I used a muffin tin) and the recipe was supposed to make 12 and I got more like 2 1/2 it is all good!  They turned out and hopefully will be appreciated.  I definitely want to refine my technique and I've already found a better recipe and next time I will have the right tools.....they're scented with cinnamon.  I could have sworn I had lemon essential oil which is what I had planned on using.....oh well.....better luck next time but with the scent beads that takes care of 2 more gifts.....which makes a total of 8 with 4 more to go!  I'm thinking of lavender sachets and some lemon curd....bought or homemade...I haven't decided yet..............

Oh, I printed off these cute free labels for the 12 Days of Christmas gifts..........there are lots out there for free.....aren't they cute?




WIP's (works in progress) for this week:
1)  I'm all over the place because of Christmas gift making so please excuse me but I will get back on the YOP wagon after all the holiday making is over......I started a shark wash cloth for Uriah..........

2)  I started my first pair of finger less mitts for Ben's girlfriend for Christmas (this seems pretty serious.....they're talking marriage).........I hope they turn out looking nice...the mitts that is.  LOL!  I'm using the black tweed wool I made my sweater from as I had an extra skein.  Wish me luck!
 3) I did start my Tom Turkey on Thanksgiving Day and I may have a Turkey Tuesday or Thursday to add to my cross stitch schedule...........I haven't worked on him since then..........

That's all for this week and the weather is around 60 but overcast and very damp....they say it's going to rain and now the sun came out....but there are wind warnings out as it is Mother Nature cleaning all the leaves off the trees...........my trees have lost many since last week and do they always start at the top and the bottom loses their leaves last?  I've never noticed it before  but my trees do that.....
Finishes so far:
1.  4th of July xs pillow
2.  Hitchhiker shawl
3.  Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4.  Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for me
5.  washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6.   Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7.  Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphghan
8.   dishcloth(s)...I need to count them
9. Cubs hat for Uriah
10. 2 more presents for 12 days of Christmas.....8 out of 12 now

That's it for this week!
I hope you had a wonderful week and enjoyed working on your projects.  I hope you had a great Thanksgiving holiday for those who celebrate in the U.S. Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!



9 comments:

  1. You are moving right along! Uriah's hat is so cute! 50's sound good to me...I think we are in the teens today (chilly:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve always fancied making some bath bombs, perhaps I will add it to my YOP list! I’m feeling inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bath bombs are "the bomb"! Okay... sorry for that. Your daughter will enjoy them; do you think they'll have 6 times the scent and fizz of smaller bombs? Cinnamon sounds pretty nice. I have recently bought some essential oils. This might be a great project to try them in. Everything else you're working on looks great, too, Sam. Your gift making endeavors amaze me. I hope your grandkids know what a terrific grandmother you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a great hat! And bath booms too. You are so adventurous in your making. Our leaves have been gone for over a month now. Very, very foggy right now, in fact you can’t see the street in front of our house.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You accomplished quite a bit this week. Uriahs hat is adorable and I am sure he will love it. My DIL. and I are talking about making bath Bombs. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fingerless mitts - those are classy, no-frills and will certainly get a lot of wear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the projects and the bath bombs. I am trying to come up with last minute gifts to make for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your projects are great and I'm glad you tried the bath bombes. We love making them and have made loads now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're moving right along there Sam with the Christmas gifts, loved the hat but those bath bombs are such a great idea! I'm definitely going to look into that. How cute is Tom Turkey, I think he's just great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!