Monday, November 26, 2018

Day #26 NaBloPoMo

Since I am still celebrating Thanksgiving I am still cooking it too! LOL!  I finally got the homemade cranberry sauce made and once you make homemade you will never want to buy the canned stuff ever again.  It is easy too....the hardest part was the orange zest and cutting up the orange.  It wasn't hard but it takes time and after that it's smooth sailing.   It smells divine while it's simmering away on your stove too.  The recipe I used was from Susan Branch's Autumn book but I'm sure you can find it on Pinterest because I see lots of her 'pages' out there.  I think this would be great over ice cream too! LOL!
  Today I made the Bacon and Blue Brussels Sprouts.....omg!  Love this so much!  I got the recipe from All Recipes website.  If you like Brussels sprouts and bacon and blue cheese...this is the recipe for you!   It doesn't look like much but the taste?  Oh baby, oh baby!!!  I did use a 1/2 lb of bacon instead of just 4 strips and the blue cheese came in a 5 oz. container and the recipe called for 4 oz.....you guessed it...I threw all the blue cheese in there.  Can you really ever have too much blue cheese or too much bacon?  Me thinks not!
  I got my Christmas shopping done today on Cyber Monday!  I make some gifts but then I was able to get some really cool things that I think the grands will really like....I hope anyway.  I have a couple more things that will be ordered and sent directly later in the month but for today...I scored!!!  BTW, I have saved some money using Wikibuy on my pc.  If there is a lower price on something on the internet that you are looking at they will let you know!  They saved me over 50% today on 1 item!  It was on Amazon but the cheaper item was on Ebay....and it was a highly rated seller.  I was doing my happy dance for sure!  I have also heard good things about the Honey app too.
Here's some more Thanksgiving Humor before the end of the month.........
 I hope you had a great Monday!
Happy Trails!!!

5 comments:

  1. Ha1 Love that last cartoon! I am not sold on blue cheese:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your cartoon to hubby and we both had a laugh! I love it...now if I can just remember it! hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about bacon and cheese...not necessarily blue cheese though although Dennis loves it. Glad you got some good deals. I didn’t shop online at all. In fact, We only have a couple of small things to pick up and we’re done with gifts. That’s a great feeling. Your after Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving dishes sound yummy.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The brussel sprouts sound yummy. I love making my own cranberry sauce. Especially when the cranberries start popping. No one else likes it though so it seldom gets made.

    That is fake snow in the photo and ut us in an atrium at the hotel. People come in just to see the laser light show so that is why the coats. It is in the 40s here at night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know that I would have thought the brussel sprouts dish all that good (and I like blue cheese), but given your hearty endorsement I may just have try to make this sometime.

    Yay for you for getting your Christmas shopping done already. I haven't started, but you've now made me think I should rectify that. ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!