Friday, November 30, 2018

Day #30 NaBloPoMo

This is what greeted me this morning when I looked outside..........for a minute I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! LOL! 
Days like this I am so glad I am retired and don't have to be somewhere.......I pray for those having to go to work in that pea soup....keep them safe Lord!
I have little to show as I am busy working in Santa's Workshop.........
I cut some material up today for sewing tomorrow...........which of course I cannot show you.....Santa makes us sign a contract that we will not divulge any workshop secrets!  The man is a stickler!
I also made bread which is baking as I type.  Remember the no-knead bread  I make and it makes a big bunch of dough that you can keep in the frig?  Well, I don't like keeping extra anything in the frig so I found this recipe that makes one loaf and I found it here
I think I mentioned her site before and she has videos on You Tube.  Her name is Jenny Jones and she is as cute as a bug in a rug and funny too plus....boy can she cook!  I wanted to find out more about this fascinating individual and lo and behold she had her own talk show years ago!   I sort of remember hearing the name now but I was never home during the day and it was one of those day time talk shows.  No wonder she did such a professional job of podcasting!   I love her sense of humor and she is so passionate about cooking and fun too.  I plan on watching and making many more recipes from Jenny!  She's my new BFF!
Here's a frugal Friday tip:  save your plastic bottles and fill them with your own filtered water and refrigerate.  I have never bought bottled water....it makes no sense to me so save some money and bottle your own!
   I'll show you the bread tomorrow.....it's still baking!  Have a fun Friday night!
Happy Trails!!!

7 comments:

  1. That fog does look scary. I’m glad you don’t have to drive in it either. We had fog last night too but it didn’t seem to be as bad as yours was. I can almost smell your bread baking. I have chicken simmering on the stove and I baked sugar cookies earlier in the afternoon so our house is smelling pretty good too. Boy, Santa is sure keeping you busy! I hope he pays you well. Ha!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat photos! Good day for staying at home! Great idea about the DIY water bottles. Looking forward to pictures of bread and maybe after Christmas, Santa's secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so looking forward to Christmas so you can finally show all the cool stuff you made and mailed. Santa is a strict one about secrets. I think I can smell your bread.....yum. Now I need to go and check out Jenny Jones's site.

    I have very much enjoyed your daily posts too. It has been like we were on the phone or having coffee in each ones home. You did a marvelous job of daily posting.

    How about that fog! This is the time of year we get it but so far it hasn't been but once or twice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have well water, so it does taste different. I have yet to buy a filter though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam :) Oh I love Jenny!!! I watch her You Tube channel when I have the time. I found her bread recipe during the summer, she made me want to get a Dutch oven!! :) Santa really is a stickler isn't he? :) The fog is beautiful, but I know that feeling. When I see bad weather and thank goodness I can stay home cozy and warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sometimes do the water thing...but we buy water for the coffee maker as our water is real hard for coffee makers and they plug up! Perils of living in the country and having your own well:(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!

    carpet steam cleaning Sydney
    End of lease cleaning Paddington

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!