Sunday, November 4, 2018

YOP Week #19

and Day #4 of...........


 YOP 2018-2019

Finishes so far:
1.  4th of July xs pillow
2.  Hitchhiker shawl
3.  Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4.  Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles
5.  washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6.   Iowa Hawkeye hat for Sam
7.  Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline.

There were no finishes this week but a few starts...........which I guess qualifies them to be WIPs now...


WIP's (works in progress) for this week:

1)  I did not finish my Falling Leaves Scarf...still..........

2)  Pickle Dish - I did finish Pickle Dish #4 but didn't take a picture.....this is it but now it has the 2 hexies on each end..... 
I also got my materials chosen for Pickle Dish #5.............

3.  Cubs ornament for Uriah: This is my Merry Monday project - I stitched a bit more of the white but that was all........


4.  Santa Sunday Cross Stitch project: I finished this vine at the top...........





5.  Stars and Stripes Saturday:  I did work on this yesterday.......



6.  Fall Friday: almost finished with the top garland then another one at the bottom and it will be done



7.  Witchy Wednesday: Made some progress on this one
8.  Grayson's Iowa Hawkeye hat for Christmas..........I got the brim done and then some and now ready to change to black..........hopefully this will be a finish for next week with more hats to come....
9.  And this is an old WIP  that I put in a big timeout because I could not understand the directions....things like "put a DC in the designated place".....huh?  I have never seen directions like that before but I ran across a picture of it the other day because it was on my Fall board on Pinterest and I wanted to make it so bad plus I had bought the yarn for this blanket.  Anyway, in looking at the picture I realized it was a corner-to-corner blanket and I know how to do that (well, to be honest I had to rewatch the video and it took me most of the afternoon to try and retry but I think I might be on my way!)  I have only the photo to go on as her directions make no sense to me at all...........

They are blocks which will be nice because if I figure out one block and crochet it successfully I should be able to do the other 11, right?  Here's my start and yes, there are ends to weave in..........



That's it for this week!
I hope you had a wonderful week and enjoyed working on your projects.  Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!



21 comments:

  1. My goodness you have a LOT going on and it all looks great. I just finished a corner to corner baby blanket today. I enjoy that pattern a lot since once you figure it out it doesn’t take a lot of thought. I know you’ll be whizzing along in no time.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From your mouth to God's ear! LOL! I do love the C2C but the color changing is going mean lots of weaving in but hopefully I will keep up with it. Thank you for your vote of confidence!

      Delete
  2. Gosh, you are a busy bee! I can't wait to see progress on the afghan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited that you've started the Autumn Leaves afghan. Can't wait to see how yours turns out. I think it's going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you make one of these? Hopefully mine will look similar to the picture as those are the colors that attracted me to it. Say a prayer!

      Delete
  4. The autumnafghan is pretty with your colors. You do beautiful cross stitch. How I wish my hands would cooperate for that. How many pickle dishes does it take for a quilt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marsha. It is just a hanging that will have an old window as a frame and will hang on the wall. It will take 11 pickle dishes and then the hexies that join them together which I can't remember how many of those. They will be in some neutral color in order to make the 'dishes' stand out.

      Delete
  5. I love the pickle dish pattern and the new colours you've chosen for number 5 are great. Your needle work is just beautiful and best of luck with posting everyday. I will try to pop in to follow your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will put you on my side bar so I can visit you too! Why I haven't done it long before now I don't know!?!

      Delete
  6. As always I am amazed by the amount you are able to get through. Your stitching is gorgeous - I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me? You're the amazing one....with a full-time job and a family.....I am retired but some days I feel like I work full time! LOL! Thank you, Lucy.

      Delete
  7. I hope you can get the blanket instructions sorted out. That kind of thing drives me crazy! I had a quick look at the pattern on Ravelry and the instructions just swam around meaninglessly in my head. I expect once you get underway it’ll all make better sense... it’s just the challenge of getting that first block done!

    Are all the pickle dishes joined at the end? I’m not really sure I understand where this project is going. Is it a quilt?

    Also, i’ve been meaning to say,.. when I make scrappy socks I use Russian joins to add each colour so there aren’t any more than the usual number of ends to weave in. It slows me down a bit as i’m knitting but if I had to weave all the ends in after binding off the socks would never get done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using the pattern I used to make my daughter's Corner to Corner blanket and I blew up the photo to use the color placement. I'm glad it wasn't just me...at my age you never know!?! LOL!
      The pickle dishes will be a wall hanging basically and I hope to frame it in an old window. There are 11 'dishes' and then the hexies that join them all together are in a neutral color to make the 'dishes' stand out. I showed a picture when I first started the project. Next week I'll insert it again so people can see what it will look like when it is finished.
      Duh, thank you....I figured there was no way you could handle all that bulk from weaving end in especially on the sole. I remember hearing about Magic Balls and I think that is done with the Russian join? I forgot all about it and I think I even watched a video on it....oh, getting old is really tricky some days! LOL! I need all of you to keep 'reminding' me of things! Have a great week!

      Delete
  8. I love the Pumpkin Spicefarm embroidery picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you have so many different projects going at one time! I thought I was the only one that did that! My mom is a beader/jewelry maker and she won't start a project until she finishes one...kinda drives me crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had to finish something before starting another I would give up my hobbies. Evidently I either need to be challenged a lot or I need lots of stimulation! LOL! I call it balance in my life and it's whatever makes one happy in their life.

      Delete
  10. As always Sam, you pack so much into your week, I really am wondering if you have a few more hours and days in your week! All the projects are lovely and I really love the material for the 5th pickle dish and fingers crossed you can get the hang of that first square because yes if you do one then the other 11 will be no problem and second, it's gorgeous! Love the colours in it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m with Ruth and wonder at everything you manage to get done in a week, I don’t know how you pick what to do when. Lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!