Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Day #6 NaBloPoMo

What a busy day...again!  Today was 63 F and partly sunny so I took off for a day of errands.  I baked some bread in the morning that I had let rise overnight...the picture is not good but it is a harvest loaf..........whole wheat and a little white and with nuts and chopped dried prunes.  It called for dried cranberries but I didn't have any so I used prunes.  It is so nice with a cup of tea or coffee.  I like it toasted with a a bit of butter.  A nice breakfast with some fruit.
The next thing I knew the Propane man was there to fill my tank so I had to move my car and wait until he left then I left but not before doing some laundry too.....chores don't end when you retire.  I think a nice retirement present would be maid/butler service for the rest of your life!   Then after cleaning the litter boxes (3) I was able to straighten myself back up (slowly) and get in the car! LOL!
I went to the bank, the pharmacy for a refill of mine, B&J's auto so they could order the part for my car and schedule me in, then on to the library then out to the highway to fill up my car and then off to Ash Flat to the vet clinic to refill the girl's meds.  Whew!  I'm home now and after I feed the girls I'm going to recline and watch the returns come in.
I hope you took the time to vote today or sooner!

  Happy Trails!!!

8 comments:

  1. Whew! Well I’m tired just reading what you did. It does sound like you got a lot accomplished and you deserve your rest this afternoon. That bread looks absolutely delicious.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew......you where a busy bee today. I like your retirenent gift idea. Lots more crafting time that way. The bread sound yummy. I think I will do some raisen bread next time I make some. Hubby would like thst! Thx for the idea. Did you get more books at the library?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got 2 books...another Janet Oke and To Kill a Mockingbird. I saw the movie several times but not sure I ever read the book.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness. Your description of your harvest loaf makes up for the blurry picture. I'm imagining how great that tastes slathered with butter. I hope you enjoyed your rest (and the returns) after such a busy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bread is delish...I got the recipe on King Arthur Flour's website....they have the best recipes!

      Delete
  4. You had a busy day! Your bread sounds good! 63 well that is a really nice day...I think our high was 28 today:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can afford 28 F...your windows are washed! LOL! I have yet to do mine....so I need those 60 F days! LOL!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!