Sunday, December 16, 2018

YOP Week #25


And here's your little bit of Christmas for Blogmas Day #16  Here's the link

She has some beautiful items and patterns and kits.  I think I have her book too....I need to check....some of these could be just inspiration or you could start off the New Year with a kit for yourself..........ahh.......inspiration.....where would we be without it.....the hopes, the dreams, the plans....that's the most enjoyable part!  
As for my Advent gift for today...Amy wrote  "warm  up to a hot cup of........" and it was this........

It is lip balm that really does taste like it too!  Yum!
I did 'slam' the other ornament from yesterday and it blew up into a cute red truck.............too fun!


There are some finishes this week:
1) and 2)  For my son and SIL...Cowls for Christmas................
 
Also, for my son's girlfriend..............This from the Fiberflux pattern I mentioned last week...so enjoyable and I think it turned out really nice!  I used 2 different variegated yarns held together.  On the boys it was a different pattern and not a good one either but I adjusted and did my own thing and I just hope they fit!  The light spots on the girlfriend's cowl is sunshine....



WIPs (works in progress)
1)   I'm working on these today and hope to finish but thought I would go ahead and blog and get to the sewing.........I chose the backing fabric and need to cut it and then iron on some interfacing, sew and stuff and apply cording............I best get going!  I'll have pictures next week of the finished items before I mail them off.........
2)  I started another cowl for my daughter and I want to make one for MOI too.....they are easy and fun and take no time at all!

3)  It's grown a bit but haven't spent too much time on it this week or any of the other WIPs I had going before Christmas making took over! LOL!

 Finishes so far for 2018-2019:

1.  4th of July xs pillow
2.  Hitchhiker shawl
3.  Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4.  Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for me Sam
5.  washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6.   Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7.  Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphghan
8.   dishcloth(s)...I need to count them
9. Cubs hat for Uriah
10. 12 days of Christmas Advent gifts
11. Cowl for Ben
12. Cowl for Tracy
13. Cowl for Natalie

Last week before Christmas!  I sent some Swiss Colony, I still have books to arrive and a toy plus some food gifts, cards, wrapping more, finishing work, dr. appt. Tuesday all day and decorating....woe is me! LOL!
 Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!









































































8 comments:

  1. Your fingers have been flying. The cross stitch ornaments are sweet. I am sure they will be loved. All those cowls will be greatly appreciated in Iowa. They are very cold right now. Have a marvelous night and will look forward to tomorrows post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cross stitch ornaments are just beautiful! I know the recipients will be so grateful to have something so lovely. You have been so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mint Cocoa lip gloss! That sounds yummy. All of your cowls look great. You're doubling the yarn, right? So cozy they will be! Yay you, for getting all those cross stitch pictures finished. I look forward to seeing them sewn up and finished. I keep seeing cute cross stitch patterns I want to make, but I must not be distracted from my main goal at year's end - using up yarn! So impressed at how much you're able to accomplish, Sam! You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are almost done with the ornaments...they will be treasured for sure! That cowl is so pretty...love the colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mint Chocolate lib balm sounds just delicious! Love the finished cowls and I hope you got the ornaments all finished yesterday. You've been so busy with your Christmas Making this year Sam, I hope you get to settle down over the holidays and relax. Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sam :) Your cowls and cross stitching projects are fabulous!!! :) Oooh mint chocolate lip balm, I think I'd go through that quite quickly lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful presents you are making - and what a cool idea the slam ornaments are.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!