Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Blogmas Day #19 - December 19th

Here's your little bit of Christmas for today...........I'm pretty sure I have talked about Christmas Crack before and I have made it for myself and gifts.  It is easy, inexpensive and delicious!  But I have not seen this version with the white chocolate and the festive sprinkles!  This is great!  Here's the link
***ADDENDUM***  A kind reader pointed out that this recipe has no amounts for sugar or butter....I am giving you a link to the original recipe I used and you can replace the dark chocolate with white and decorate with the sprinkles if you so choose.  I apologize for the 'bad' recipe!  Here's the link


Is that a Pioneer Woman Mug?  I do not have a Christmas mug yet and I love that shape of mug....hmmm....I'm going to Walmart Friday.....I'll have to check it out!  I will be making this for the people that work so hard....my mailman, Phillip, who dresses up every Christmas Eve as Santa Claus and delivers the mail.  I'll try and get a picture this year plus his fellow workers at the Post Office in Franklin, plus the mechanics that fixed my car, and the pharmacy people who are always so friendly and answer all my questions.  Also, the garbage guys who even told me they never get anything and trust me...they REALLY work hard in the heat down here with the smelly garbage!  Oh yeah!  I have great respect for the garbage people.  A little Christmas Crack and a little note will  hopefully let all these people  know how much I appreciate them all year long!
 Advent gift #19...Amy wrote..."Reminds me of Biaggi's"...now, Biaggi's is this wonderful Italian restaurant in Cedar Rapids, Iowa that we would frequent as often as possible!  For dessert we would always have the Creme Brulee....which is my all time favorite dessert...I think....so now you will understand when you see this..........
Okay, to be fully transparent I will tell you they are long gone! LOL!  Delish!
  Today was all about "catch up" but not the kind in the bottle.  I was wrapping and mailing on Monday, Tuesday I was gone to Mountain Home and so the house was 'trashed' in order to get the priorities taken care of.  So, today I got more Christmas stuff up from the basement.  These were made by my Aunt Alice and have been around since my kids were little.........
 I found the lights finally after purchasing some new ones but really there can never be too many lights!
and garland..............
I went and picked up prescriptions, a few ingredients for supper and I mailed Uriah's present today.  I did some laundry and cleaned up the house and prepped a crock pot full of Olive Garden's copycat recipe for Pasta Fagioli which will cook all day tomorrow........... here's the link for the recipe
 That's all for today.....I have more 'catching up' to do tomorrow! LOL!  I hope I am prepared come Christmas Eve so I can relax!
P.S.  When I was at the doctors yesterday I got that new pneumonia shot.....Prevar 13?  Don't quote me on the name.  I was not due for a pneumonia shot but they said it works in conjunction with the other and now I am covered for life!  No more pneumonia shots!  I feel like Super Woman!   (Disclaimer:  This shot is only for those over 65 and I am way over 65! LOL!)
Happy Trails!!!



6 comments:

  1. You are certainly a super busy woman! I’m always impressed at how much you get done. If we ever move back to the Midwest, we’all have to check out that restaurant in Cedar Rapids. That is if it’s still there. Ha! Your soup looks delicious. I made a huge crockpot full of chicken noodle soup yesterday and I’m looking forward to having that for lunch for the next couple of days. Good for you and getting the pneumonia shot. Hopefully that will take care of you and you won’t have any worries in that direction. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked the recipe up for the Christmas Crack and I can’t find where it says how much butter and sugar to pour over the saltines. What am I missing? Have you made this? I think I’m losing my mind. Ha! Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind. I found it! SorryI bothered you.
      Blessings, Betsy

      Delete
  3. Christmas crack sounds wonderful. Might have to make some for a gathering we are having next weekend. Easy too! Those lottle carolers are adorable. Glad you found them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good that you got your shot! I got mine a year ago. I still have pecans to make turtles:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sweet carolers from your childhood...that's what I love best! And you can go to Gooseberry Patch and look on the sidebar for Free Goodies. They have all kinds of recipe cards and 'goodies' to download and print out. I just make the recipe cards smaller for my junk journals....but print out some full size too! I'm loving all of your cute craft ideas too! Holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!