Friday, December 21, 2018

Blogmas Day #21 - December 21st

Today is the shortest day of the year..........from now on they get longer.  It doesn't bother me one way or the other although I am very tired today but I did go to Walmart and that seems to do me in!
Here's your little bit of Christmas for today........I've always wanted to know how to do this and make one..........here's the link
As for the Advent gift Day #21...........Amy wrote "Just one more....okay...one more....." and that really said it all because by the time I remembered to take a picture............
there was only "one more" left! LOL!  So good....made in Wisconsin of all REAL ingredients....yummo!
Today was Walmart and I was up at 3:00 a.m. and now I am ready to go to bed at 4:30!  Not quite yet but I think I will put my feet up!
I got 2 of the 3 Thrift books I ordered in the mail..........
this one is for Uriah............it's a great book about a young boy surviving in the wilderness and I've read it and loved it............it's called Hatchet by Gary Paulsen...it is the first in a series.............a very nice edition too with an almost leather feeling cover.........
 and this one for me...........
There's another book coming on knitting.......I'll show you when it arrives.
I got all I needed today and now I won't have go out until after New Years!  I plan it that way every year and I love knowing I can stay in with the girls and our Hygge house for the holidays!
It was sunny and mild today but felt much colder because it was pretty windy so I'll be glad to get my flannel pj's on and have some hot soup!
Oh, here's my outside decorations at night.........

 and I got the Santa plate out for the cookies I will hopefully get baked...........this is another wonderful ceramic from my Aunt Alice..............we used to have Santa mugs too but who knows what happened to them?!?
Happy Trails!!!

6 comments:

  1. I love your daughter's gifts. It is so much fun to see each one. I went to Walmart yesterday. Yikes - I will not be back until January either. Happy Christmas! I think snuggling in your warm house with cookies on your pretty plate will be a wonderful time - and your books looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you are all settled in! I have some of that hoo ga here too, I like their list especially since I did some of the things on the list! Enjoy Sam:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was pretty sure we were done with all of our shopping and then one of the flood lights in our kitchen burnt out tonight when I turned the switch on. So we’ll have to go to Lowe’s or Home Depot tomorrow to get a replacement. I thought we had one, but no such luck. I’m hoping there won’t be very many crowds at a hardware store. :-)
    I love your gifts from your daughter and especially the little saying she puts on each one. It’s so much fun!
    I just want to thank you again for the Christmas crack recipe. I made it for Bible study last night and it was a hit! Dennis took what was left to work today and it was gone by first break. Enjoy your book and your hygge house.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lights inside look amazing! It makes me think we need twinkle lights up all winter! Love all of your cute ideas and the used books are the BEST! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wreath is lovely. I am so happy to have found your charming blog and just became your newest follower. I'm into healthy simple living and enjoying each moment of life. I hope you'll visit and hopefully follow me back. I adore making new blogging friends.
    Merry Christmas!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Santa plate is wonderful!!! You remind me... we had some Santa mugs once upon a time and I was looking for them recently, but couldn't find them. I can't imagine I got rid of them, but where they are is a mystery. Your porch decorations look perfect! And that Hatchet book - I'm sure Uriah will enjoy the read, and what a cool looking book! I'm glad you enjoyed your caramels. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!