Thursday, December 20, 2018

Blogmas Day #20 - December 20th

Here's your little bit of Christmas for today..........a little Hygge...and if you don't know what Hygge is click on this link
As for my Advent gift..........Amy wrote "I got nuttin, okay, a little sumpin"......another family joke.....but these are just what I needed for my journal.............stickers!  Thank you, sweetie!
I also got a Christmas card from Connie at The Far Side of Fifty..........she makes them and it is beautiful!  I had a cupola and weather vane just like that on my farm but it was on the garage not the barn.........
 plus she sent me this sparkly scrubbie for doing my Christmas dishes!   It is really snazzy, thank you Connie!  One can never have enough of these scrubbies....I love them!
I spent all afternoon outside stringing lights.   I plug them in inside to ensure they work first then I wrap them around the railing in front and I first plug them into the outside outlet too....they were all working until I got done winding them around the railing.....then out they went!  This happened with 2 strings of lights......a big waste of time! So, this is what I have for outside lights this year...........the older I get the sparser the outside decorations.  I think next year I will get a real tree and put it in the window and it will be the inside and the outside decorations....if I'm still here in this house.
This is not my fire....it's on You Tube and you can hear the fire and there is Christmas instrumental music.....just what I need...very soothing......
The soups been cooking all day, I got more laundry done, fixed my headboard on my bed that was rattling every time I moved in bed, I changed the sheets, vacuumed, and cleaned up after Miss Annie.
Time for me to get my jammies on and kick back and watch the news and then maybe a Christmas movie.....I'm tired.  Still no baking or card writing and I have to go to Walmart tomorrow....woe  is me! LOL! 
HappyTrails!!!










4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card from Connie. That was so sweet of her. I made that “Christmas Crack” this afternoon. It is seriously one of the easiest things I’ve ever made. And it’s really delicious! Who would have thought something that good could have been made with soda crackers? I specifically made it today so we can have it for Bible study tonight, otherwise I’m afraid I’ll eat it all. Ha! It sounds like you got a lot done today. Sorry about the lights. That’s why I don’t put them outside anymore. That always happened to me. Enjoy your evening my friend. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great gift from your daughter. Love that fireplace video. And you don't need clean it up afterwards. Even though you didn't get any baking done......you were still productive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet that Connie Far Side sent you a handmade card, and I'm curious...did she crochet that scrubby? The kitty stickers are adorable. And lol at What Marsha wrote above. It reminds me... we had our chimney cleaned at the end of 1999 (in case the power went out as we changed over to 2000 (remember all the dire predictions?) and we haven't used it since. In fact... there's no mantel above the fireplace so we put our large flat screen TV in front of it and one wouldn't even know we have a fireplace! Hope you're enjoying a movie as I type this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figured you need a bit of sparkle! Hope you get everything on your list done! :)
    Yes beckie, It is crochet and the pattern is at the Red Heart site:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!