Sunday, November 18, 2018

YOP Week #21

and Day #18 of...........


 YOP 2018-2019

Finishes so far:
1.  4th of July xs pillow
2.  Hitchhiker shawl
3.  Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4.  Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for me
5.  washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6.   Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7.  Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphghan
8.   dishcloth(s)...I need to count them

FINISHES:
  This was not a craftily productive week as I was 'out and about' but I did finish a dishcloth which is just like the one in the advent picture below.

WIP's (works in progress) for this week:
1)  A Cub's hat for Uriah......sorry about the lighting...it's very dark outside as it's getting ready to rain so I had to have the lights on.  I like the brim on this one and it's much easier because it's knit a whole round and then purl a whole round as opposed to the other ones which were K1P1 for every round of the brim.


 

2.  Cubs ornament for Uriah: This is my Merry Monday project...not too much work this week......but some progress..........
3)  Advent Calendar - my daughter and I are exchanging Advent gifts this year but we have decided to just do The 12 Days of Christmas instead of 24...........whew!   Here's what I have so far..........

I  have ideas for a pin cushion and I need to revisit my Secret Gifts board on Pinterest.....I need 6 more gifts....I thought I had more than this....oh well...carry on!
I need to be focusing on Christmas presents now both bought and made but this week of the Thanksgiving Holiday here in the U.S. I will be working on some of my projects just for me......hopefully next week I'll have more to show you.
 Please share any quick, easy and inexpensive gift ideas you have as Christmas is coming and I'm sure we can all use them!
Acquisitions:  I bought this size 13 crochet hook and need knitting needles both DPN's and circular in the same size for some Super Bulky projects that I see in my future!

 MISC:  My neighbor feeds the birds but the line to the feeder starts in my yard! LOL!  So I get the benefit of her visitors............please id if you know...I'm terrible....is the first one a Cedar Waxwing?
Not a clue but I like the little bit of yellow under the wing on this one.............
This one was in the grass...an obvious ground feeder...................very unique looking with a ruff and yellow 'eyebrows'..........

Molasses cookies are finally being baked but probably won't get frosted until tomorrow.  These are cake like cookies....I actually like them plain....
Vegetarian pizza all prepped...okay I might put the leftover bacon from breakfast on it which would eliminate the vegetarian part..............there's also 3 cheeses, black olives and mushrooms and sauce.......I think I'm getting hungry!
That's it for this week!
I hope you had a wonderful week and enjoyed working on your projects.  Happy Thanksgiving to those in the U.S.  Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!



16 comments:

  1. Quick gifts.....tree ornaments. Last year I made mini sweaters and this year I did santa hats. Next year I will do mini mitten sets. All of these take small amounts of yarn and an hour max to make. Lip balm and crochet a holder for it. I did those 4 years ago and no one has lost their lip balm since then. Only takes 30 minutes to make with sock yarn scraps.

    Love your 12 days of Christmas gifts. Almost like 8 days of Chanukah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So busy! Your pizza sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first one looks like a female cardinal. I love your idea of you and your daughter exchanging Advent gifts! I'm trying to come up with Advent calendars for my sons, but at this point I'm just not sure I'm going to manage it. Coming up with something for everyday is a bit daunting (even though I'm okay with small candy gifts for a good number of days. Something I saw in another blog post somewhere was an Advent calendar using nativity scene parts - each one making a separate gift. I LOVE that idea. But the pieces would have to be small (for my purposes). And then I remembered one son has a kitty and he has no business having out small nativity pieces that a kitty could get into. Good idea, but it may not work. TJ MAX, Marshalls, and Ross have some inexpensive things that could work well for Advent gifts. Oooh. So glad I thought of that. I'll head there this week! I hope you have a great week, Sam. I'll be keeping up with your daily posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Female Cardinal, a Young Tufted Titmouse and some kind of a warbler...maybe the one I call a butter butt:) You have fun birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the brim on your hat. It’s very unusual. Great gift for the advent days too. Unfortunately I don’t have very good ideas. The cookies look yummy and the pizza sounds yummy. I think I’m hungry. Ha!!! I hope you have a lovely Monday my friend. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty projects and pretty birds (though totally different from what I will see in my apple tree here in Southern Germany...) And - totally off topic in a way: I love the yellow crochet blanket you use as a background for your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an old one but it is on Ravelry as Lovely Laces Afghan...I think. What I liked about making it is that is looks pieced but it isn't and it is all one blanket. I remember really enjoying working on it too because the pattern was easy to memorize. It was in a Leisure Arts publication years ago. If you can't find it let me know.

      Delete
  8. I like the idea of 12 days of Christmas. Neat idea. Those cookies look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That hat brim looks great, I like the sound of it Sam and what a sweet idea to exchange an advent calendar with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love watching birds, but I wouldn't know what they were. I have been making little hand warmers, bath bombes and Christmas tree decorations as little gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh cookies! Do you probably have a link to the recipe? I'm always looking for new and interesting cookie recipes. You did get lots done for a not so productive week, though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such an amazing blog about yacht I really liked the blog. Thanks for it. Keep sharing here boat Hardware every thing about boat you can Buy from our store.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oarlock with 30% discount.
    Thank you for sharing this blog with us. Here at Boat Outfitters , we specialize in bluewhale hardware products. Highly polished 316-grade stainless steel Boat oarlock best for indoor and outdoor use. Mostly fit for standard oarlock boating with great quality.We are all family and are all working together to bring our customers exactly what they need.Buy best boat outfitters from given link Boat Outfitters

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing. Nice post Bolt door latch with 30% discount. Keep sharing.
    We have Bolt door latch best accessories for the boat are available now at our store. Get the best deals on bolt door latch with different styles and in the best quality.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!