Friday, November 23, 2018

Day #23 NaBloPoMo




 Well, I got the mashed potatoes done and the turkey yesterday but that was about it....the Bears started at 11:30 so it cut into my cooking time.  I didn't starve though and the potatoes and turkey were great!  Even today I am still behind..... but I took a bath, changed sheets, did laundry, ironed and de-boned the turkey, made gravy and I have been simmering turkey stock all afternoon.  It smells like the turkey is cooking all over again! LOL!  I had a great turkey sandwich for lunch with homemade whole wheat bread and my bread and butter pickles.  The stock will get frozen along with quite a bit of turkey.   
 Yesterday I did start my turkey cross stitch......how appropriate on turkey day...........this is another cross stitch where I could not locate the pattern to buy so I am  'hoofing' it......

That's all for today folks...........I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving....I did and now it's time for...........

Happy Trails!!!

9 comments:

  1. We had a very, very quiet day yesterday. At home and we ate leftovers. I’m taking down the fall decorations today. I’ve had them up for almost two months so I’m ready to pack them away.
    I like your cross stitch. So cute.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who needs more than mashed potatoes and turkey. Sounds like a winner to me. The turkey sandwich is the best part of Thanksgiving. You make bread and butter pickles? I would love that recipe! They are my favorite. I have never made pickles but would be willing to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using turkey leftovers, but I haven't cooked a turkey in several years. I miss it, too. I'm really impressed with your turkey cross stitch that you're making going by that picture. It's looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sound like you have been busy! Your stock sounds good:) Hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy holidays to you! Mashed potatoes with roasted brussels sprouts is one of my favorite things to eat. We actually went out for Chinese food on Thanksgiving Day. Maybe I'll make some of our favorites next weekend. Tomorrow will finally be making a pumpkin pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think brussel sprouts might just be my favorite vegetable! Enjoy your making and baking! Happy Holidays to you and your family. Hugs ~ Sam

      Delete

  6. $$$ GENUINE LOAN WITH 3% INTEREST RATE APPLY NOW$$$
    Do you need finance to start up your own business or expand your business, Do you need funds to pay off your debt? We give out loan to interested individuals and company's who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contact us.
    Email:perfectfinancialcredite@gmail.com
    LOAN APPLICATION DETAILS.
    First Name:
    Last Name:
    Date Of Birth:
    Address:
    Sex:
    Phone No:
    City:
    Zip Code:
    State:
    Country:
    Nationality:
    Occupation:
    Monthly Income:
    Loan Amount:
    Loan Duration:
    Purpose of the loan:
    where did you hear about us;
    Email:perfectfinancialcredite@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!