Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Day #21 NaBloPoMo




Here I am .....busy little homemaker!
 
  I was up baking my whole wheat bread first thing this morning.........it turned out great and was very tasty and toasted great too.  All set for grilled cheese tonight!  I found a great new podcast called Jenny Can Cook and she can!  She's funny and cute and has great recipes and shows you how and you can print off her recipes......very interesting....I enjoy those types of shows as opposed to regular t.v. programs which are mostly for men with their violence and 'shoot 'em up' stories.....so immature!  LOL! 
I did a lot today.  I vacuumed and washed my kitchen and laundry room floors as I needed to cook and I couldn't stand the sight of it anymore!  I also cleaned off driveway and sidewalk and washed Annie's bed and blanket and srcubbed pet spots as she wet her bed last night.  She can't help it so I try as best I can to stay on top of it with my spotbot and my Resolve mop.  I also brushed Nitty as it was such a nice day....any excuse to be outside! It was near 60 and sunny.  I sat outside and knit a bit and watered my greens in my greenhouse...nothing yet!  I finally made the frosting for the molasses cookies and frosted them...........there were a lot!
I had every counter covered and you have to let them 'harden'...the frosting that is but it was a drippy mess!  I doubt if I'll ever make these again.  I don't think much of them or the 'frosting'.  A lot of work for something that doesn't taste that great.   It's a Susan Branch recipe...I'm making her cranberry sauce so if that doesn't turn out I won't be making anymore of her recipes.  I think it's maybe a regional thing?    These might be recipes they grow up with on the East Coast?  If I remember any molasses cookies in the Midwest growing up they were called molasses crinkles and they were not soft or frosted. It probably brings back memories for her and a lot of people in that area.
So, I didn't get my side dishes prepped today but that's okay.....it's just me and the girls but I do want to watch the parade and the Bear's game!  We'll see what I get made.  Happy Thanksgiving to all of you...even if you don't celebrate it!
  Happy Trails!!!

6 comments:

  1. My family is from Iowa and we had molasses cookies. They were not frosted but they were soft and very yummy. Sorry the ones you made did not taste good. You had a busy day but sounds like it was a lovely day to be outside. Happy Thanksgiving, Sam. I am thankful to have a blogging buddy like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness you had a super busy day. I don’t know how you got so much done. The bread does look yummy and I’m very sorry about the cookies. It’s so disappointing when you put so much work into something and it doesn’t turn out. I don’t think I’ve ever even had molasses cookies. Wishing you a happy, happy Thanksgiving my friend.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make a molasses raisin cookie that you would love it is an old recipe. You can put a powdered sugar frosting on it if you like. I will dig it out one of these days:) Happy Thanksgiving Sam:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Sam! Bread and cookies look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you'll have your house smelling wonderful today! Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just checked out the Jenny Can Cook podcast and I realized that I have enjoyed seeing her videos, but I've never subscribed! Thanks for mentioning it, Sam. Your bread and cookies look amazing. So sorry the cookies weren't up to snuff, but Mmmmm... The smell at your place must be wonderful this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!