Sunday, November 11, 2018

Yop Week #20

and Day #11 of...........


 YOP 2018-2019

Finishes so far:
1.  4th of July xs pillow
2.  Hitchhiker shawl
3.  Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4.  Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for me
5.  washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6.   Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7.  Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphgan

FINISHES:
1) the brother's hats are done for Sam and Grayson for Christmas.  I reversed the colors so they could tell whose was whose.  I'm a little concerned about Sam's hat.  They are the same pattern and the same yarn but the black yarn on the brim seems stretched out like the ribbing didn't 'work' yet Grayson's hat  has the yellow on the brim and the ribbing works as designed.  The black is some Red Heart I had on hand and the yellow is not Red Heart but acrylic....maybe Universal?  Anyway, if it doesn't fit I will make him another one.  My daughter mentioned they need baclava's?  We used to call them ski masks but I will look and see if I can make them one of those too.  But first I have to make a Cub's hat for Uriah!

WIP's (works in progress) for this week:
1)  I took the rest of the Falling Leaves class and discovered that I need to block the 2 halves BEFORE I kitchener them together so now that my dining room table is cleared off I will have a place to block them and hopefully have it done by next week.

2)  Pickle Dish - nothing was done on this

3.  Cubs ornament for Uriah: This is my Merry Monday project and as you can see it got some love this week..............


4.  Santa Sunday Cross Stitch project: I worked on this today while watching football.....


5.  Stars and Stripes Saturday:  I did work on this yesterday.......





6.  Fall Friday: Top border and vine are done so just the border and vine at the bottom and it will be a done deal!




7.  Witchy Wednesday: Made more progress on this one...


9) Leaves graphghan:
Well, the progress I made last week was for naught but on the bright side, I took a tutorial on You Tube and I learned how to read a graph and make one!  So I graphed my own.......
I also learned that you don't cut your yarn but there's a technique you use to prevent having to weave in all those ends.  I also took another tutorial on how to make yarn bobbins which you need when crocheting a pattern on a C2C project.  So, I took 5 steps forward and 10 steps backward but it will be much easier in the long run and the finished product should be nicer, I hope.  On my pattern each leaf will be a separate block.

When I was doing my 'de-cluttering' this week I ran across this little cross stitch that I did back in 1992....all my 'best friends' have passed on except my animal ones so I guess I'm my own best friend nowadays............ 
I need to be focusing on Christmas presents now both bought and made but I do have some needs of my own and they are the following.............

1)  A Thanksgiving project..............another one that I can't find the pattern anywhere so I guess I'll 'wing it'.....LOL!  This is cross stitch............
2) I need rugs badly and I have been wanting to make some............I found this tutorial on Ehow and printed it out...........I need to make balls of fabric strips first....I can tell this will be a long, ongoing project.............Have any of you ever done this or made any rugs of any kind?  Any advice would be appreciated!
3)  Another Christmas gift I plan on making are mug rugs so I printed off a tutorial for one and there is a video too plus lots more on You Tube.....

 Please share any quick, easy and inexpensive gift idea you have as Christmas is coming and I'm sure we can all use them!




That's it for this week!
I hope you had a wonderful week and enjoyed working on your projects.  Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!



9 comments:

  1. Love the hats and all of your projects. I have made lots of crochet rugs. I used sheets purchased at thrift stores and torn into 1 inch strips. You just join the strips as you go. No need to make balls of fabric! I wish we lived close enough so I could show you. So easy.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh... I can't wait to see your finished and blocked Falling Leaves. :) I hope the hats fit the boys, but the good thing is the pattern is a quick one to make (if I know the one you used). :) I hope you have a great week, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you tube is your best friend. I will need to check them out for some things I am having issues with. You are moving right along on several of your projects. The Cubs ornament is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hats look great! I have seen the crochet rugs and it looks like fun but lots of work too, T shirts work well:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my rugs that I crochet out of old sheets. They are thick and perfect for the bath or shower. I hope to post some finished items soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing Falling Leaves when it's done and the hats for the boys are great looking. Everything else is moving along at quite the pace and I hope the C2C blanket goes better this time round with all the prep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the hats, they're like bumble bees. As always I love seeing your progress on the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.

    Cleaning Services Australia
    End of lease cleaning Campbelltown

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!