Monday, November 12, 2018

Day #12 NaBloPoMo

Remembering all our veterans past and present.....I cannot believe what they sacrificed and are still sacrificing on our behalf.   Also, their families who bear the burden as well.  Bless them all and thank you SO MUCH!!! 

I'm saving Book Date until tomorrow as there is just too much to pack into one post...........
I 'bagged' up 3 projects today ie; I got all the supplies together and put them in a bag so they are ready to start when I am.  I needed a supper for tonight.  I have been trying to use up what I have and clear out my freezer.  I found an extremely helpful website which you might find useful also.  It is called Super Cook
Maybe you already know about it but I used it for the first time today and it is fantastic.  You enter what you have  or want to cook.  You chose from a list and I had some chicken tenders.  They actually had chicken tenders on the list too....I was surprised.  It brings up all kinds of recipes using them and then you can see if you have the ingredients and it narrows it down even more based on what you check off that you have.  I was  mighty impressed and will be using it again for sure!  I even had some potatoes that I wanted to use up and I could have made potato latkes but the potatoes were a bit soft so shredding them would have been difficult but it gives you so many ideas. I hate running to the store for 1 or 2 items just to make dinner.  I'm trying to be more 'pioneer like' and conserve, re-purpose and use everything I have plus save some money too.  The recipe I chose was Buffalo Chicken Tenders
It called for bread crumbs which I had but when I went to the recipe...BTW the recipes are from all over....this one was from Kraft so the recipe called for Shake and Bake....not bread crumbs.  Well, I could have used just plain bread crumbs but then I thought I bet there's a copycat recipe for Shake and Bake and sure enough there was and I made it!  I used Panko bread crumbs instead of regular bread crumbs.
Here's the recipe for the Copycat Shake 'N Bake Now granted I have not tried the homemade Shake and Bake yet nor the Buffalo Chicken Tenders but I'll let you know.  I was just so thrilled to be able to take what I had and make a complete meal without running to the store!    This will be my go to website from now on when trying to utilize what I have on hand.
Today I shook rugs, cleaned the tub, cleaned the 3 litter boxes and waited on 'the girls' hand and foot!  I did sit down and work a bit on my Merry Monday project.  A Cubs Christmas ornament for my grandson Uriah.  It was dark and rainy today....no snow like they predicted and very little rain.  The pictures are not very good when there isn't much natural light.
 I also started a dishcloth for something mindless to do.............very relaxing............

I have to go cook that dinner now!
P.S.  I am still catching up with all your posts from yesterday and today so please be patient with me....I will be by!
Happy Trails!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for that website. It will come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check out that website. Usually I plan meals for a week and one of those days I make something that leftovers can go into the freezer. I grocery shop once a week...cause I hate shopping and we live in the sticks. This week I am making Chicken Enchiladas and that makes a big pan so that is my freezer meal. I am also trying a new recipe with shredded chicken, wild rice, cream of chicken soup and broccoli this week. I like to try something new every once in awhile:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!