Thursday, November 1, 2018

Day #1 NaBloPoMo 2018

 
 Marsha reminded me it is National Blog Posting Month.  I missed it last year but not this year!  Just in the knick of time!  The idea is to post daily for the month of November.  My friend Connie over at The Far Side of Fifty has done a daily post for years.   She should win a prize!  So, I am going to try and see if I can do it and if so I will continue to post daily.
I was right....there were no Trick or Treaters last night.  It has been a steady rain for over 24 hours now and still going.  There were a few times when it slowed a bit and I ran out and got the mail but mostly it has been steady if not pouring.  So, I had a very cozy Halloween.......a fire going...
worked on my Button Eyed Cat which hopefully will be done by next Halloween....I'm actually getting pretty good at this 40 count.....amazing!
I also made some seasoned popcorn with Italian and parmesan cheese but it was too salty.  I followed a recipe on Pinterest.....I should know better.....All Recipes is much more trustworthy!  When I find a good one I will share.........
I am left with a lot of candy........oh well, someone will have to eat it....and the animals can't have chocolate so I guess that just leaves 'you know who'!  LOL! 
This is what it looked like out my kitchen window......
I had to have lights on all day it was so dark out..............definitely 'cozy weather' for November so far... last night I couldn't find Hocus Pocus which I usually watch on Halloween so I watched a Netflix Original Series about true stories of hauntings.  The first one was The Woman in White.  I didn't have bad dreams but it was pretty creepy!  I hope you had a safe and happy Halloween.

Happy Trails!!!


8 comments:

  1. Yay! A post every day from you. I’m looking forward to it. Your fireplace looks so cozy. It’s been raining here too. We didn’t have any trick-or-treaters either. Not a huge surprise since it’s been that way for a couple of years now, but a big change from when we first moved in. Have a great day.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam :)) A blog post every day...now that is something. I saw that Marsha is doing it too. I don't think I could put out a blog post daily, but I will stay tuned for yours!! Oh a cozy Hygge fire....how nice! We have one more winter here without a wood stove. We do have a fireplace, but it's an energy sapper so we only usually light a fire on Christmas morning for atmosphere! :) Oh poor you! You HAVE to eat all that candy!! Boo hoo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy your posts, whenever you can find time to write! We had about 60 trick or treaters, down from the 200 when my kids were that age. Our rain started about 8:00 pm. We have had almost 1.5 inches so far and it is supposed to keep raining steadily for the next four days. Squish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you are joining the NaBloPoMo. I love your posts.

    You fire looks very inviting and the view from the window is so pretty.

    Enjoy that candy. We were not home for trick or treaters so we didn't buy any candy this year.

    You have had quite a bit of rain. Hopefully it will stop soon so you can enjoy some more outside time with Nitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to laugh at your comment about having to eat the candy.. yep, up here, out in the country, we don't get trick-or-treaters, 'cept our own grand kids,,, so I don't mind buying my favorite candy,, cuz like you said, the critters can't eat it,, so "you know who" will! Brawwwwhahahaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Another NaBloPoMo participant. I look forward to all your posts Sam. It rained here all day and night on Halloween, too, and the trick or treaters were scarce. So sad. More candy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blogging everyday is a routine for me:0 Sorry you are stuck with all that candy:(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm familiar with NaNoWriMo, but not NaBloPoMo! I considered joining NaNoWriMo this year, but have my typical non-fiction in the works. Good for you for joining NaBloPoMo. I work on blog posts almost every day, but only publish every three to four days. That's plenty for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!