Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Arrangements made.....

I had to make some phone calls to arrange for Nitty in case she gets sick or dies and I need to get her to the vet.  She can't do stairs and even the ramp is not something she will do any more.  I called the vet and they said there was nothing they could do. I even stated that I can't be the only person that's run into this predicament but then again maybe I am.  So, I called the local moving company.  I know, it sounds strange but there is really no one else around here strong enough to lift her.  Who do you call?  I can't call 911 for my dog, unfortunately.  I talked to the owner who happens to live just a few blocks away from me and he said not to worry and to give him a call when necessary.  So, I feel better but it left me tearful most of the day.  It was a beautiful day and I spent most of it outside with Nitty.  I brushed her and we sat outside letting the wind blow the leaves all around us.  Today was better and again I spent time with her outside.  She's eating and drinking fine but I know it is just a matter of time.....how much time, I don't know, so I want to spend as much time with her as possible.  She hates to have her picture taken too! LOL!  I zoomed in on this one otherwise she would have turned her head! 
  It's been absolutely gorgeous here....the prettiest fall I can remember........usually it stays too hot for too long and we have fire danger but this year is perfect!  I think the colors are at peak right now.....or close. 
The wind has picked up the last few days, as Mother Nature is cleaning house and blowing the leaves around.  These yellow ones are from my Rose of Sharon...........

I sat in my Adirondack chair and leaned back and looked skyward.............so beautiful..........that's a big old oak tree over my head
We are supposed to get storms tomorrow for Halloween and all day long and into Thursday so that may take care of the 'peak' color and lots of the leaves.........we'll see.
Today the city came and re dug out my culvert!  So wonderful as it was plugged up and there was gravel that traveled down from somewhere and landed in my driveway.  Amy tried to shovel it off this past summer when she was here but gravel is heavy!  She did good though, bless her heart.
He did a wonderful job and now it should be clear sailing when the rains come! 
I didn't call them or anything.....he said he noticed it.....how sweet is that?  Here's the machine that made it all possible..............I think the good Lord whispered in that man's ear!  Thank you!

This is what's for supper......ham and bean soup!  With some Iowa Corn Bread to go with it!  It should be a cozy night with the storms moving in....it's already starting to cloud over...........
Happy Trails!!!

6 comments:

  1. Nitty is a beautiful girl. I've raised 14 dogs over the last 21 years. I still have five left. Matty my oldest is a lab mix. He is 12 yrs old now. We just lost his brother in May of this year. He was also 12.5. It's so hard when they get older to watch the deterioration but unfortunately it's all part of. Matty is now having a hard time doing stairs. I don't let him anymore because he's not stead enough on his feet. We also have a ramp in the backyard we put in years ago when our dogs began to age. Matty can still use the ramp but with some trepidation. I love all the photos you shared especially the fall foliage. I live on the coast in SC and we don't see any of the beautiful colors anymore like I did most of my life. Im originally from NJ.. Glad you got to spend some good quality time with Nitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful fall photos. We’re expecting rain tomorrow through Saturday and lots of wind so I think our leaves will probably be gone too.
    You are so wise to make sure that you have help for Nitty. Our Chloe is 12 and although she seems to be in great health, we know that we need to be prepared too, well as prepared as you can be. It is definitely something you’re not ever ready to face.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers of comfort to you.
    These four legged friends of ours, really become members of the family!
    I'm glad that there is some kind soul that is willing and ready to help you in your time of need with Nitty :)

    Enjoy the changing leave and a cosy day.

    ~Smiles :)
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breaks my heart to think of fur babies going to the Rainbow Bridge. We used to have big dogs. After the last one passed, we decided that with us being older to go with small dogs we can lift. I would love to have a big dog again but know I would run into the issue you are looking at. You are a wonderful fur baby mom. Your babies are so lucky to have been rescued by you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you're at this time with Nitty. I'm very glad a friend has offered to help transport her when the time comes. Hugs to you, friend.

    Thank you for sharing your autumn pictures, Sam. I've taken some on my walks (and even from the car), but didn't think they were share-worthy. Seeing to yours I realize they definitely are. I love seeing what you are seeing right where you are. 🍁

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some Vets will do house calls...especially those mobile vets...glad you found someone who would help you. I know it is a worry for you7. It is good that you spend time with her...perhaps she will just go to sleep some night all on her own... I know it is a sad time for you.
    Thank you for the book, Far Guy finished reading it and I just started it.
    Your leaves are pretty...everything is brown here now.
    I made that 15 bean soup...I didn't care for it so I only made it once.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!