Friday, November 2, 2018

Day #2 of NaBloPoMo

First off, this is exactly what our weather has looked like the past 3 days except just a moment ago the clouds broke and lo and behold....sunshine and blue skies!
  I am here but not without a few problems with my camera!  I took pictures and they aren't showing up on my pc when I upload them....huh?  Bad sd card? Oh well, so I have uploaded some pictures that are already on my pc for Fall projects I have on my wish list.  I'm not even sure where I got these pictures so you'll have to search for patterns and such as I have no clue! LOL!
Just some Fall inspiration..........
This is a fall farm scene from my hometown in Illinois........wish I was there!
 I love this cross stitch...I must find it!
 It's not  easy to find 'turkey' items for Thanksgiving but I am loving this one.........."May the bounty of the season fill your heart and home".............
 I have wanted to make one of these for years now....I think this might be the year!  And yes, that is cream cheese frosting in there............
 This was on my list for this year and they might still get done..............
 I have the yarn and the pattern for this but have not done it!  I started it several years ago and couldn't follow the directions but later I made a corner-to-corner blanket and a light bulb went on in my head.....I'm pretty sure that is how this one is done just in individual squares  .....now where is it? LOL!
 I also got a Christmas present today!  My son Ben, called and he's a whiz with cars and anything mechanical.  He always asks how my car is and I mentioned a blower part went out and I had to get it in to have it repaired before the cold weather hits.  He immediately said "Well, there's your Christmas present!"  He called my mechanic and said he would pay for it and did over the phone plus an oil change when I needed one!  I couldn't believe it!  So, the part will be in Monday and I will take it in Tuesday!  Great because I will be  needing the heater soon! LOL!  What a thoughtful son and his son, Uriah is just like him....very thoughtful and considerate.....I am blessed for sure!
I also went and did an 'early vote' today at City Hall.  It was the only day to early vote here in town otherwise I would have to drive to the county seat which is 45 minutes away.
Happy Friday and Happy Trails!!!  Now I have to go see if I can figure out what's wrong with that camera!?!?









15 comments:

  1. Love all of those pictures of projects. My best friend makes pumpkin rolls every year the week before Thanksgiving with her children. They are now grown and gone but they all come home to make pumpkin rolls every year and now her grandchildren join in the fun. Isn’t that sweet? And yes, it’s cream cheese filling in hers too!
    I’m glad your son take such good care of your car for you. It’s good to have kids that care.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful family tradition! Yes, he is a very generous person and I am grateful!

      Delete
  2. I love your post of inspiration. I especially love that autumn leaves blanket. I voted a week or so ago. Memory fades. I'm just glad to not have to deal with lines on election day. I haven't changed my mind since voting, so all is well. And finally... What a terrific son you have! That is very thoughtful of him to do that for his mother. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I find the blanket I will try and post the info. I'm pretty sure it was free....you know me! LOL! It's good to feel good about your vote a week later...I still feel good a day later...ha, ha! I agree, he's a terrific son even if he hadn't done that for his mother.

      Delete
  3. Oh what a great gift!!! I could use a car expert in my family! :) The pumpkin roll is something I've had in mind for a while too, I hope you make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be nice to have a lawyer, doctor and mechanic plus maybe a plumber and electrician too in the family! LOL!
      I think I will make it for Thanksgiving. I already have my turkey that I got on sale. Did you already have your Thanksgiving? I think you did if I remember as you posted about it.

      Delete
    2. Yes, ours in in October. November is a long month, but a good one for relaxing and planning for Christmas!!! Oh gosh, for me it would be a mechanic and a VET in the family as a priority! :)

      Delete
  4. I mostly take photos with my phone now, but I seem to remember you can save photos to the camera or to the card. So maybe see if you can figure out the settings to see if you are actually saving to the card? I love the granny squares!!! Just what I need, inspiration for another project LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't changed any settings so I am thinking it might be the card but I will check, thank you! I know....so many projects and so little time! LOL!

      Delete
  5. And - I want to congratulate you on raising a fine son! What a wonderful Christmas present. He is taking good care of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think he's pretty special too...God helped me as whenever the boys would do something outrageous growing up, I would say "God help me"! LOL!

      Delete
  6. How nice is that!! You will need heat in your car! We saw the sun today nearly blinded us:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is 37 this morning! Brrr. You are too funny....you are my first laugh of the day and hopefully not my last!

      Delete
  7. Your son is quite thoughtful. You are blessed with a very specual family.

    You have really found some great "turkey" decoration items. The afghan woukd be perfect for the entire fall season.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!