Monday, March 18, 2019

Monday....what can I say?

I didn't get much done today....I still haven't made the Irish Apple Cake although I did grease and flour the pan....baby steps! There were just a lot of little things to attend to today.......like cut up the melon I bought...........these are the seeds.  I was wondering.....can I plant these?  Does anyone know?  Why buy seeds if these would work............
I needed to de-bone the chicken I had last week.............just enough left to make some chicken salad tomorrow....
Then all the bones went in the freezer to make bone broth in my Instant Pot.  I need to look up how many bones would make it worthwhile.
 Then I went shopping......online........I needed some sock yarn and I had been eyeing this for quite some time..........Knit Pick's Hawthorne Speckled fingering yarn in the Blueberry Speckle colorway.  I think I should make the Blueberry Waffles sock pattern with it...a match made in heaven!  This yarn is on sale right now too and comes in many other pretty colors.
I was on their site perusing some of their patterns and printed off a few free ones.  I also found some others and after finding 3 or 4 that I liked and discovering they were all from the same book....I bought the book............they had an ebook which was cheaper but I like the hard cover or paperback for patterns......it's too fiddly on my tablet.  So, I have treasures to look forward to!
It was Monthly Monday so I worked on my Hawk Run Hollow January on my 'breaks'.  I also spent time on 123 Stitch and Everything Cross Stitch looking at patterns and floss.  I didn't buy anything....yet!  But I need  to start getting ready for Stitch Mania in May and then before you know it YOP 2019-2020 will be here in July!  What fun to plan and purchase.  I hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day.  I did.....my meal was wonderful and I got to work on some handwork during the day while the dinner cooked and gave off a wonderful aroma.
Happy Trails!!!

4 comments:

  1. Even though you didn't get lots of stuff done, you still got more done than I did LOL. Love that colorway of sock yarn. I agree with the pattern you have in mind to make with it. I also agree about ebooks vs paper. It is so much easier to make any notes on a paper pattern than try and remember it from an electronic copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could put some seeds in the soil and see if they sprout, nothing ventured nothing gained. Old heirloom varieties will grow...new hybrid ones not so much. pretty yarn:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a mound of dishes, put them away, and turned around and dirtied more. Hopefully today will be much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks to me as if you got quite a lot accomplished. I think the blueberry waffle pattern with your blueberry sock yarn will be the perfect match. I have avoided the Knit Picks sale so far. You are tempting me to go look though! Ha! Have a wonderful day. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!