Wednesday, March 20, 2019

The first Day of Spring!!!




 " Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it."  -  Ralph Waldo Emerson

I need to read this to myself every day....and several times! LOL!  I was slow and sleepy today.  I think it was the rain.  Rainy days make me want to curl up under a blanket with a cup of tea and a good book but alas....I had seeds to plant!  I got some planted and I'm still planning as I go.  I can't believe I used to garden....it feels like I've forgotten everything.  Although, in my defense I was in another gardening zone at that time so starting dates and frost dates are all mixed up in my head.  I have to write it all down and then do the math.  I planted 4 types of tomatoes:  Brandywine, Red Cherry, San Marzano and Cherokee Purple.  They are all organic  heirloom.  I planted 5 plants of each but only put one seed in each little planter hole.  Should I have put more?  Maybe 3?  I can add more tomorrow.  I put it on top of the refrigerator for warmth as I don't have grow lights.  Do I need grow lights if I'm starting my own seeds?
 I marked the craft sticks and then forgot I had the plastic greenhouse cover to go over the tray....duh...so I cut out holes for the markers....it worked.
 I found an old (1995) gardening journal that I never used and although the days don't coincide with the dates I will use it to keep track of my gardening.

I did work on the button-eyed cat cross stitch ....I love the look but I can't wait until this project is done and I never have to work on 40 count linen again....ever!  That's what my eyes look like after stitching on it awhile! LOL!  I'm probably going to use buttons for the eyes but decided to stitch them anyway in case it shows behind the buttons.


Oh, I finished the first Boxcar Children book.....I might be able to make my Goodreads Challenge this year with these books! LOL!  But I did enjoy it....sweet story!
Happy Spring and Happy Trails!!!

5 comments:

  1. I’m glad you enjoyed the boxcar children. I thought that you would. All the gardening I do anymore is my rhubarb and a few flowerpots. I give up on everything else. I just don’t have the energy for it. I admire you who do. Your Crosstitch is coming along very well too. Those are awfully small stitches. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have window in which you could place your started seeds? I've only once tried to start seeds without grow lights and that was on a sill in a south facing window. It worked for zinnias but that's all I started then. (That was about a million years ago in one of my very first years of gardening.) Now I have a rack with grow lights which is set in front of our south facing windows in the living room. NOT a convenient set-up in our already small living room but it has to do for just now. I'll be starting my first seeds sometime within the next week. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have one glass window that brings in summer light. I put together a metal stand and place the containers on that, and rotate them. They grow just fine without a light. I also broke my sticks in half to fit inside the containers. I absolutely love san marzano tomatoes. They are the best for sauces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sam :) That's a GREAT quote and I definitely believe it and live by it! Oh planting seeds...sigh, I'm so jealous!!! :) I can't plant anything until we move because I don't want to be moving seedling trays with me! In those little seed pots, I think one seed will do it. When I started mine they were in bigger round pots and I planted 3 in each one. I love those varieties of tomatoes you planted!

    ReplyDelete

  5. http://emc-mee.com/blog.html شركة نقل عفش
    اهم شركات مكافحة حشرات بالخبر كذلك معرض اهم شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام والخبر والجبيل والخبر والاحساء والقطيف كذلك شركة رش حشرات بالدمام ومكافحة الحشرات بالخبر
    http://emc-mee.com/anti-insects-company-dammam.html شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة الجوهرة من افضل شركات تنظيف الخزانات بجدة حيث ان تنظيف خزانات بجدة يحتاج الى مهارة فى كيفية غسيل وتنظيف الخزانات الكبيرة والصغيرة بجدة على ايدى متخصصين فى تنظيف الخزانات بجدة

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!