Saturday, March 23, 2019

Saturday Summary.......

Yesterday was errands so I went to the vet to pick up the girls Vetprofin.  While there I asked to speak to Dr. Mills and I asked her if there was anything I needed to look out for when it comes to the girls.  I don't want them suffering at all but animals can be so stoic that you don't know until it's really bad.  I wanted a 'heads up' as they are both 14 1/2 years old now.  I told her I monitor their drinking, eating and the peeing and pooping too!  She said they sound fine but that the biggest thing is they will just stop eating and then you know.  I was glad I talked to her. 
Then I went on to Walmart.  I got some more seeds, a black oil paint marker for my plant markers and another corned beef! I had only cooked half the vegetables so I thought.....I'll just fix it again.  The vegetables taste so wonderful when cooked with the corned beef or at least in it's juice.  There's nothing like it so I'll be making that tomorrow.
I worked on my Fall Friday but you can see that and my Stars and Stripes Saturday cross stitch tomorrow on the YOP post.
Mostly today I mulched and cleaned a bit of the garage...........my sons moved these rocks over here and I can't move them so I guess I will make a little rock garden...no plants just mulch and maybe a statue or yard decoration.   I have more mulch to 'deliver' but I'm making it deep to crowd out the weeds.  This mulch is Scott's Best and it is not supposed to bleach out in the sun!  Wouldn't that be great?  I'll keep an eye on it!  I got it at Lowes so unless Walmart carries it I will have to go to Mountain Home to get it.
   In the garage I filled 3 little boxes full of car 'stuff' I will never use........de-icer, oil, engine lubricant etc.  all my step-father's things.  I'll take them to B&J's Monday and see if they want any of it and if not if I could pay them to dispose of it as they have that license or pickup service.  I hope I can get rid of it.
In the morning, in order to fuel myself, I made a frittata.  I have been wanting to make one ever since I got my cast iron skillet....actually it was one of the reasons I wanted a cast iron skillet.  For the frittata you have to have a pan that can go from the burner to the oven.

 I found a neat chart.........it's pinned on my Breakfast board on Pinterest.  You follow the basics and then can add other items depending on what type you want.  I basically wanted a 'leftover' frittata so I added red onion, some fresh organic spinach I wilted with the onion, some leftover already fried bacon broken up into small pieces and some feta cheese.  It was fantastic and I have enough for 3 more breakfasts!
It was a good day!  Now, for a chicken salad sandwich and some slice and bake cookies and I'm off to Podcast Land for the evening along with some hexies! 
Happy Trails!!!

15 comments:

  1. Aren't cast iron skillets wonderful? And they clean up so easily, too. I would have added some sliced fresh mushrooms to your onions and spinach for the frittata. Yumm! We love leftovers around here and I often get two meals (or more!) from many of the dishes I make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam great post i have never used a skillet before but they sound fantastic,hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skillets are heavy but so versatile and some things just taste better cooked in them.

      Delete
  3. You’re such a good Mama to your girls. Frannie and Chloe aren’t young anymore either and we keep a watchful eye on them. We have lots to get rid of too. Especially garage things, but lots in the house too. I swept the garage out while Dennis cleaned up the yard as much as he could with snow still there. Normally it’s at least a weekly job, cleaning up after Chloe, but when the snow is as deep as it has been it’s impossible to get out there. I got my snow tires off today too. We get fined after April 1 so it needed done. Now praying for no more snow! It was a busy day.
    That frittata looks delicious. I saved your photo for the recipe. Thank you!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your girls are doing well. You are so right about critters being so stoic. If only people would learn how to not complain like that.

    The frittata recipe chart is great! I make these in my solar oven. So easy, and so many odds and ends go really well with eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have 2 meals now for leftovers....scrambled eggs, frittata and pizza! LOL!

      Delete
  6. I love frittatas. I can't wait for spring greens now too. I just toss together whatever I have and it always tastes good. Healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the one that inspired me with all your pictures of yours. They always looked so good and I love one dish meals.

      Delete
  7. I've started enjoying the podcasts now that I'm trying watercolor markers. They are fun to watch and you learn so much. Love your frittata! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lately I've been watching gardening podcasts....there's something for everyone!

      Delete
  8. Hi Sam :) Oh frittata!!!! :) I'm SO JEALOUS OF YOUR CAST IRON PAN!!! How I want one, it's in my future! Your poor little doggies...I hate seeing them age, but you are taking such good care of them! It's true that once they stop eating, something is happening that isn't good. I think dogs live for food for the most part! It's a really good indicator that they are suffering. Let's hope they continue to eat and eat and eat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes it is a good sign...and you will know...it is a hard decision to make, but you have to do what is the best for them. I hope Nitty is staying at home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exactly...it's not a time to 'hang on' when they know it's time and they might be suffering. You were 'right on' with Chance when the time came. No one's ever ready to let go but we must if we truly love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!