Thursday, March 21, 2019

Great productive day and treasures!!!

Look what I received via Royal Mail from Liz at Highland Heffalump blog...........sea glass progress and/or  stitch markers!  Sea glass from across the sea as she lives in the U.K.!  She offered these on YOP for just the price of the postage which was SO worth it!  Thank you, Liz!   I love them  especially since I can't find my other ones!  This is what happens when I 'organize'...I can't find anything! LOL! 
It was a beautiful day here....60's (F) and sunny so I got outside and planted peas in my old horse trough!
It has some trellises in there and bird netting and hydrangea sticks on the sides to hold the netting.  It may not be pretty but I hope it works!
I also finally ordered floss today and started a Spring cross stitch for my new Seasonal Sundays which will have the 4 seasons and Merry Monday will be Christmas cross stitch. Thursday is a 'blank' day for me to 'kit up' projects and order needed supplies.
 So cute and fun to do.  I found some 14 ct light green Aida from 'back in the day' and I am trying to use what I have.  I cut the fabric to size and zigzagged the edges on my sewing machine and got it started.....too fun...I had a hard time putting it down!  It's a free pattern on my Spring board on Pinterest and is by Glory Bee Designs.  The link is here
I also prepped my fabric for my Pickle Dish hexies............so that's ready for tonight's handwork.

I got my chicken salad made and went to the library to renew my books and see if they had any Boxcar Children books but no they didn't.  I also stopped by the market to get celery for the chicken salad.  That was pretty much my day but I feel good about it and there was much less yawning today! LOL!
Here' s my Nitty girl watching over me as I planted the peas.....she's my guardian angel.........

  Happy Trails!!!






5 comments:

  1. What fun to get those stitch savers!
    Your Nitty is such a cutie!!

    I love to hear what you're whipping up in the kitchen! I haven't had chicken salad in ages, and it sounds so yummy!

    Have a great weekend.
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see Nitty! :) She looks good! You have been busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam :) Those stitch markers are so beautiful! Oh Nitty is so sweet looking! I feel as though my dogs are my guardian angels too! I like how you planted your peas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sweet Nitty. She is beautiful. Those sea glass progress keepers are so pretty. I love progress keepers. It’s like jewelry for your knitting! You got a lot done yesterday. We had 65 F yesterday! It was absolutely wonderful. It’s a lot cooler today but the sun is still shining so I’ll take it. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty sea glass stitch markers! And can I say I love that little cross stitched tulip. :) And Nitty... Oh Nitty... she had us all in a knot just a few weeks ago and look at her! Your guardian angel. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!