Sunday, March 17, 2019

YOP Week #38


Finishes:
Are you kidding?  Moi?  I did 'finish' the toe-up socks as in "I am DONE with them".....for now at least....I will be frogging and ordering some new sock yarn as I don't want to work with that yarn right now.   The heel turn was fine after all but then I messed up the heel flap.  

WIPs (works in progress): 
1) I got about 2 more rows done on the pink C2C blanket. It's a slow boat to China now and one color can be pretty boring after awhile
2) I worked on Hawk Run Hollow January some more...really enjoying this one............
 3)  I finally picked out my fabrics for the next pickle dish and need to cut them so I can work on them in the evening.


 5) I also worked on the primitive Santa last Sunday...........It should be done by next week.....I just noticed that "santa" is wearing heels and a dress...Huh?  Santa in drag?  Does Mrs. Claus know about this?
6)  I started a new patriotic project as I could not find the pattern for the current one...........this took a good part of the day yesterday as I cut the fabric to size, zig zagged the edges on my machine and started cross stitching.  Only to discover that it was going to be too big for the fabric! Yikes!  I had forgotten to recalculate for 18 count instead of the 28 count that the pattern referred to.  So.......I had to start all over.  Thank goodness I had more fabric!  I finally got some thread thrown on there!

Miscellaneous:
I did take 3 classes from The Prairie Homesteader but after that there were none available for some reason.  I wondered if it was the blizzard they got and I know she said they lost power.  Oh well, I enjoyed what I learned and I can research the rest on my own.  She has a cookbook out which I may purchase.
This week I have to order some floss and yarn for socks.  I am using DMC and trying to match up but I need floss desperately......especially the "fancy floss"!  Ooh la la!
I hope you are having  a nice St. Patrick's Day if you celebrate.  I do and I have the corned beef simmering away on the stove.  The whole house smells wonderful!  I have to go peel the vegetables now and if I get the Irish Apple cake made it will be a miracle!  May the luck of the Irish be with you!


TOP 10 (or more) WIP's:

1)  Pickle Dish
2)  Stars and Stripes Saturday - America x-stitch - done but needs finishing
3)  Amy's Frido Kahlo basket (July birthday) - done but needs to be sewn together
4)  Pin's embroidery
5)  socks
6)  C2C blanket for Grayson (July birthday) 
7)  Monthly Monday - HRH January
8)  Witchy Wednesday - Button-Eyed Cat
9)  Fall Friday - Pumpkin Spice Farm
10)  Santa Sunday -Old St. Nick
11.  Turkey Thursday
12.  Seasonal Sunday too - Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall)  I am ordering these

 Finishes so far in 2018-19: 
1.  4th of July cross stitch pillow/ornie
2.  Hitchhiker shawl
3.  Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4.  Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for me Sam
5.  washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6.   Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7.  Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphghan
8.   dishcloth(s)...I need to count them
9. Cubs hat for Uriah
10. 12 days of Christmas Advent gifts
11. Cowl for Ben
12. Cowl for Tracy
13. Cowl for Natalie
14.  # 2018 Collectible ornaments for the grands
15.  Cowl for me or gift basket
16.  11 scrubbies for gift basket
17.  1 pot handle cover for gift basket
18.  Ben's Bear's hat
19.  Falling Leaves Scarf
20.  Tissue Box Cover - 5 of them!
21.  Granny Square Shawl



Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!


10 comments:

  1. Oh that’s so funny, I looked at the picture of Santa and thought how great he looked, before reading the text...now I notice his dress and high heel hehe. I think his dress could be a long cloak, but he’s definitely been in Mrs Claus shoe boxes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is definitely too short to be working on something that doesn't bring you joy. I must confess toe up is my sock construction of choice, and I do a short row heel, but only because it fits me fine. I'm sure you will find the right yarn for this project. Love the cross stitch as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victorian Santa! :0 Enjoy your meal:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Santa in heels! We had a wonderful day today. The sun was shining and it was actually in the 40s today. We went to our friends house for dinner tonight and had corn beef and cabbage with homemade buttermilk biscuits. It was really yummy! All in all, a very good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I listed my accomplishments on my projects-in-progress for the past week, I can't figure out if I'd be encouraged or discouraged by that progress. (Or lack thereof!) You seem to get a little done on most everything which, in the end, leads to finished projects! I'm taking notes on how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If the toe up socks are not bringing you joy then absolutely put them aside, our hobby time should be enjoyable and not a chore. I just love all the cross stitch pieces, Hawk Run Hollow is my favourite I must admit and I did giggle over the Santa in heels and a dress, now every time you show that I'm going to be smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear the toe up socks went belly up. I haven't done toe up for quite some time and want to try it again but am a bit afraid of the heel too. Goodness, you are so good at the cross stitch. I am happy to see the pickle dishes getting a little love again. The pattern of that is very similar to the one my grandma made for me over 50 years ago.

    Hubby smoked a corned beef brisket yesterday. It smoked for 2.5 hour and then cooked in stock and beer for 2.5 hours with veggies surrounding it. It was fork tender and the veggies were fabulous. Leftover will be gone quickly LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you on the C2C. Last night I realize I was bored stiff with my pink C2C baby blanket, but it wasn't too painful to keep working on as I talked to a long-distance friend on the phone. Thank goodness for phone headsets! But soon enough we'll both be on the decreasing side of our blankets and they will surely fly off the hooks then.

    I like the fabrics you picked out for your new pickle dishes. I haven't seen that project in a while. lol at Santa in a dress. And I love your new patriotic cross stitch project. Every time I see your projects I think, "I want to do some cross stitch - or even embroider", but I never get it out. What's up with that?!? One of these days I just need to do it!

    I signed up for the Prairie Homesteader videos and watched the first one, but I couldn't keep up, I can't imagine that anyone could. And then they disappeared after like 24 hours? It was a clever way to introduce people to her classes and hopefully she got some business.

    I got to help my elderly friend (that I do companion care for) celebrate her 85th birthday yesterday. It was a special day with 30-40 people joining in a luncheon at a local restaurant. After opening cards and some gifts she got up to speak, and I just couldn't get over that even with her dementia she's a picture of grace. Love that woman! DH stayed home nursing a cold, but when I got back home he and I finished off the loaf of Irish Soda Bread I had made the evening before. Mmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness... I wrote a little tome up there. I don't know when to quit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!