1) I did work on the monthly Our Happy CAL place shawl...I took these pictures before the sun was up so they aren't the best............I'm using a skein of Lion Brand Mandala yarn
The pattern is done in a single color so you wouldn't run into that predicament.
1) Falling Leaves scarf - needs blocking
2) Pickle Dish
3) America x-stitch - done but needs finishing
4) Amy's Frido Kahlo basket (July birthday) - done but needs to be sewn together
5) Pin's embroidery
6) Heart bookmark for V-Day - done but needs backing
7) Toe-up socks
8) Ben's hat
9) Multnomah shawl
10. C2C blanket for Grayson (July birthday)
11. (breaking the rules already!) Granny Triangle shawl for Our Happy CAL Place January CAL
NEW STARTS: none this week
Finishes so far in 2018-19:
1. 4th of July cross stitch pillow/ornie
2. Hitchhiker shawl
3. Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4. Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for
5. washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6. Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7. Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphghan
8. dishcloth(s)...I need to count them
9. Cubs hat for Uriah
10. 12 days of Christmas Advent gifts
11. Cowl for Ben
12. Cowl for Tracy
13. Cowl for Natalie
14. # 2018 Collectible ornaments for the grands
15. Cowl for me or gift basket
16. 11 scrubbies for gift basket
17. 1 pot handle cover for gift basket
Based on my research for how to care for a wool blanket.....I think I will not make one out of wool. Too hard to clean as it would be so big and heavy when wet.
We had snow yesterday! I was so excited but going from 60's to 16 last night seems to mess with my system....I am very tired today. This past week did not see much crafting as I was finishing up Konmari Step #1 - Clothes which is done. Tomorrow I start with books! Friday which is my usual craft day I was out of town and yesterday the kids kept calling and Skyping and I got little done except to try and catch up with dishes and laundry. Just one day out of town and you'd think I'd been gone a week! LOL! Now today I'm exhausted....from what? I do need to make a meal today and make some bread plus I want to start my sourdough starter....no rest for the weary! Happy Crafting this week. I hope I'll have more to show you next week!
Oh, here's the beautiful snow today..........before the sun was up.............
Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other YOP'ers are working on.