Monday, December 25, 2017

Blogmas Day #25 - The Birthday Party!


 Is this how you feel today?  I hope you are able to enjoy this wonderful celebration of our savior's birth and relax to your heart's content without having to work too hard entertaining.
This looks just like the church in my home town and I would have loved to have attended candlelight services there last night...........
Here's a picture of my cousins and I on Christmas Eve at my Aunt Alice's probably around 1950 or 1951.....I 'm on the left with the creepy Santa sneaking up on me...lol!  I had big feet even back then!  I swear if my feet  hadn't been so big I would probably be 3 or 4 inches taller!  As it is I am 5' 2" and wear a size 10 shoe!  See what I mean?  I think I am being reprimanded in that picture...I was always getting in trouble and I look pretty guilty. 
Did you have a big dinner today?  I was going to make one but there were so many calls that I decided to postpone until tomorrow.  I have plenty to eat and I did have my French Toast Casserole this morning that was quite filling and a little too sweet for my taste.  I drank a lot of oj in between each bite. 
This is a picture of my hometown in Winter..........I wish I could be there...maybe next year.....
This is what I plan on doing for the rest of the day............relaxing by the fire...........knitting on my Christmas Eve cast on sock and snacking the night away!  Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Birthday, Jesus!!!
Happy Trails!!!

8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas my friend. We had a late big breakfast of eggs, sausage and toast so I have a ham in the oven and potatoes boiling away on the stove for a very late Christmas lunch early dinner. Grandkids are playing with the Legos we gave them for Christmas and Polar Express is playing on the DVD player. It’s a quiet WHITE Christmas. Dennis just snowblowed about 6 inches of snow that fell unexpectedly last night and this morning.
    I’m glad you’re having a nice day today my friend.
    Merry Christmas and many blessings today and always. Happy Birthday Jesus!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful Christmas you had with good food, family and SNOW! LOL! Yes, there's the snow removal which is a chore but I, like my daughter, love going out in it because it's so cozy when you come back in! Stay warm and dry and enjoy your company! You can't go wrong with Polar Express and lego's!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You too! Here's to another year of blogging and friendship!

      Delete
  3. That is how I felt yesterday. We didn't go to bed until midnight as we had gotten back around 10:30 p.m. from my brother's and then we all had to take showers. Glad you had a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you had a wonderful time with your family and all that good food you make! I was in bed by 8:00 p.m. I'm a real wimp when it comes to staying up late! Did you cast on socks on Christmas Eve? I did and I am loving the yarn, the needles and the color...it's a winner! I can't wait until I get a camera so I can show you all!

      Delete
  4. Hi Sam :))) I hope you had a cozy Hygge Christmas. I love the French toast meal, that sounds so delicious but then I have a huge sweet tooth! Alex and I fell asleep at around 9:30pm after the Chinese food dinner. We were on our feet nearly the whole day making it, but it was so good! The brandy was like a sleeping pill lol...It's so cold out and we're keeping warm inside. I admit though, I do feel like the Santa in your photo today lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!