Sunday, December 24, 2017

Blogmas Day #23 ---- a bit late!

 Yesterday I had a bit more 'get up and go'...it's like every other day I have energy...lol!  Unfortunately at the time of year when I have the most to show you my camera broke so I have no pictures until I get a new camera which was NOT on my list to Santa!  I think it's too late to revise it now....maybe for my birthday? 

I managed to get some Christmas lights up around the mirror over the fireplace and put new batteries in my little tree on the table.  I prepped the fireplace for a Christmas Eve fire and even did a little housecleaning.  My daughter went to visit her brothers  and the cousins all got to play together which was nice.  Unfortunately, the brothers and Uriah did not receive their package.  I checked and once again it got to Iowa who then sent it to Memphis where it says 'it is in transit to the destination' .....yeah right!  Amy and her family got their packages several days ago but Uriah will not have his on Christmas.  These were all sent in time and Priority Mail....oh well....I did what I could to ensure it but maybe I'll have to mail them in the Summer.
I started winding this yarn for my Christmas Eve sock cast on but need to weigh it as I need 2 - 50 gram balls.  I love this yarn and it is self-striping....I've been waiting all year to use it!
   Dani, of Little Bobbin's podcast and the originator of the Christmas Eve Cast On event has come out with a sock pattern specifically for it!  She has a pattern for Christmas Tree socks!
I bought the pattern but I'm wondering if my yarn is too busy to show up the pattern?  Should I just make a vanilla sock and save the pattern for a plainer yarn?  What do you think?  I love the pattern...great job, Dani!  It's on Ravelry if you are interested.  Of all times of year for my camera to break...dang it!
Tomorrow which is really today (24th) because I am behind as usual.....I will be baking and making food for tonight and tomorrow...........
I finally dragged out my Christmas books too and started reading this book which I read every year at this time..........
I will be posting even though I have no camera.....I will have to get creative!  There will be another post for Blogmas Day 24 later today!
Happy Trails!!!







4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your camera. And that Uriah's mail didn't arrive in time. I've been waiting since June for mail from Canada, California and Australia and still have received nothing. :( I have a feeling the tree pattern won't show up much with the variegated yarn. Wishes for a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right about the yarn and the USPS is poor along with every other government agency! Too much bureaucracy and #$%^ poor management at the tax payer's expense! Bah Humbug! But Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your family! I hope you get your mail...eventually!

      Delete
  2. Damn USPS. So sorry you have to deal with a wayward package again. I love all of these nostalgic photos you put in this post. I hope you get a new camera soon because I want to see all the baking you've done! I think your yarn may be too busy; why not look it up on Ravelry and see what's been made with it so you can see how it knits up? I had to restart my first sock last night as I wanted a long cuff and the self-striping yarn would transition to another color within the cuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam! :) I can't keep up with your Blogmas posts lol! :) I'm happy that you're doing well without the camera, that would irk me a little since I do love blogging. I love that pattern...I don't know, maybe the design could get lost...can you try a sample of that design in a swatch just to see? The yarn is so festive! Too bad the post office let Uriah down.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!