Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Blogmas Day #27......did I say yesterday was the 27th? Pay no attention to the woman behind the blog!

First of all the meal last night was sensational but I give credit to each and every one of those recipes I shared!  It was a meal to be remembered and guess what?  I have leftovers! LOL!
Another Christmas miracle happened today and just in time!  I was online looking at the camera I wanted to buy and just before I was going to purchase it I thought I would try my camera one more time.   It worked!  The aperture opened and I was able to take pictures!!!!  PTL!  Here's the proof.........my Christmas Eve cast on socks!  I'm working them on separate needles but concurrently....the cuffs are done...onto the leg!
This is the most beautiful yarn to work with and to look at and soft....wonderful stitch definition and with my favorite Chiagu red cable needles.....I am enjoying knitting these to no end!   Great yarn makes me look like a good knitter! LOL!  This is a sparkly yarn but you can't see it too well in the picture but it is full of bling!
I didn't decorate full on this year as I was still tired from the flu but I managed to get a few things out......
There are lights on this tree but you can hardly see them....it's daylight....
I should have waited until dark but by then I am in bed!
Here are the potholders that Sam and Grayson did the artwork for.  It was a fundraiser at their school and you just sent the artwork in and they made potholders from them....pretty cool I'd say..........this is Sam's who is 10
 and this is Grayson's who is 7 ...I love them and their potholders!
They got me a few ornaments for my tree also..........
Here's the Russian cookies..........like chocolate covered marshmallows but good chocolate and good marshmallows......I love foreign food as they don't use the preservatives and chemicals in their foods like we do plus they use REAL ingredients....like REAL butter, and REAL sugar and REAL flavorings no dyes or artificial anything and boy can you taste the difference!  YUM!  That's why I bake everything myself.....I can't stand the cookies on the shelf or much else to be honest.
Did I show you the catnip mice I made?  I can't remember so here's one..............
I think I've done about 4 more rows on the CMB since I posted last.  Now that the Christmas gifts are done I get to work on my projects! I am going to make my Project Notebook tonight so I can tell at a glance what needs to be worked on next and keep track of yarns, patterns and supplies required.  I know I have that sweater to finish!  I could use it as it is cold here....I don't think it got out of the 20's today but the sun was out all day.
 Today I had to go to the Revenue Office and renew my driver's license.....you have to renew it for 8 years at a time.....I might not be here 8 years from now.  I hate paying for things I might not even use! LOL!  Then I had some other financial things to take care of, I cleaned the litter boxes, and the daily maintenance chores around the house and now I am ready to sit down for the evening.  I hope you had a great day and are enjoying this time between Christmas and New Years.
Happy Trails!!!



11 comments:

  1. Yay! Pictures! I’m so glad you checked your camera before you bought a new one. It looks like it’s working just fine. Those potholders are amazing. Beautiful, beautiful artwork! I need to get my cozy memories blanket back out to. Even if I just put one square a week on it, that would be something. I began a new scarf this morning for one of my husband’s coworkers. Every time I think I’ll start something for myself, I end up making something else. Ha! I’m so glad you’re back to posting pictures. I really missed them. We renew our drivers licenses for eight years at a time here too. It’s kind of nice not having to go in every four years. Have a lovely evening my friend.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I was doing my Happy Dance! I thought of you because I am now going to be making mittens for the grands....and to think I was done with making for others but I will feel really good when they have nice warm wool mittens on their hands....it is SO COLD up there! You have a lovely evening too and stay warm and safe!

      Delete
  2. Hi Sam :) I'm so glad you had a great meal. :) And how wonderful that your camera works!!! I hope it keeps working! The socks look great so far, I love those colours. The potholders are so dear :) And I'm loving the blanket. So glad you enjoyed your holiday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy it and I really enjoyed reading all about yours too!

      Delete
  3. I am so glad your camera decided to come back from vacation. What a wonderful looking Christmas you had. Those pot holders are just wonderful. I would be afraid to use them though. I would not want them to ever get dirty. Your Christmas eve socks are great and I love the yarn too. I can see the sparkle in it too. I think foreign candy tastes way better also. I am not a fan of anything with marshmallow in it though so your candy is safe from me. LOL If it were plain chocolate or had toffee in it............there would have been an arm wrestling going on for it.

    I hope you are feeling almost 100% by now. Have a blessed 2018

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your post and I know I will be thinking about you a lot in the coming weeks....I shed a few tears just for your sorrow....we all lose our parents at some point but it is never easy. Actually I don't care much for the marshmallow either...truth be told. But it's the thought that counts!

      Delete
  4. Those pot holders are adorable! Those cookies look good too. I'm back to blogging. It's really slowed down for us here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too...what a great gift for grandparents! It never slows down here but I don't have deadlines looming so that's good although there are birthdays in January and things to 'start' at the beginning of the new year but it's all fun and plans and good food and enjoyment!

      Delete
  5. Love love love your potholders! What a great gift! Those socks are going to be way cool:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Someone at the school was really thinking! Yes, these are my most favorite socks ever!

      Delete
  6. Yay for a camera not giving you a bad time anymore. You will be here eight years from now! I love the potholders gift idea. Potholders are always useful and handy. One can't have enough of them. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas meal. I learned something new today about international foods; love how they use the real deal ingredients.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!