Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Blogmas Day #27

Well, I got a good nights sleep last night and have had a very balanced day today....a little of everything.  I was too tired and there were too many calls yesterday to make my dinner so I am making it tonight....no camera so I am copying others pics.  I think I found a nice used camera for a decent price on Amazon.  I'll sleep on it and see  how I feel about it tomorrow! LOL!
I making prime rib.........from this recipe
a loaded baked potato......from this recipe
and brussel sprouts.....using this recipe
I'm sure mine won't look as good as these but as long as it tastes good that's all I care about!
I had a great Christmas yesterday....the kids called and we opened presents over the phone.  I think they all liked theirs and I LOVED mine!  I got so much!  I couldn't believe it!  One of the neatest gifts were 2 potholders that have artwork on them from Sam and Grayson!  I didn't even know at first they looked so good!  One was a mosaic heart drawing that Sam made and Grayson drew a butterfly.  Maybe it helps that their mother is an art teacher but I thought they did really good!  I got a cd, some charms,  cookies, melties called "Grandma's Kitchen" and 2 darling salt and pepper shakers that the boys picked out for me.   They are cute little chickens because they assured their mother that I loved chickens....."did you see all the chickens at her house, Mom?  She loves them!"  And indeed I do! LOL!  Today I received a lovely card from Uriah that he picked out and a box of Russian Cookies that they picked up in Chicago when they were there.  Ben is dating a gal from Russia so I'm sure that is the connection.  They're delicious!       
Today I put all the presents away, prepped for dinner, got the garbages emptied and out and watered my poor plants!  I managed to clear off my desk too.  I'm knitting my Christmas Eve cast on socks and I am loving the needles, the yarn and the self-striping colors.  I can't wait to show you when I have a camera! LOL!  I am knitting them concurrently so I have one cuff done and I am working on the other one so they will be done at the same time.  It is cold here but the sun was out today which warmed things up a bit.  I received more cards in the mail also and I have to work on mine!  Don't judge!  Remember the Christmas season actually goes until January 10th, I think.  I hope you had a lovely day today, kicking back and relaxing and basking in the post Christmas Day glow!
Happy Trails!!!

9 comments:

  1. Those sound like great presents! How sweet how the thought was put into them. You ate good, lady. I do love a good, loaded potato. I made mashed potatoes with chives and pancetta since my brother made prime rib. I need to try to make prime rib.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never made prime rib before and with that recipe it turned out perfect. I was amazed because I couldn't believe it would be cooked by such a short amount of time but for medium rare I checked the temp and it was 120....perfect...then you let it rest for 20 minutes. Just use that recipe and you'll do great! Also, those brussel sprouts were great too...it was all delicious and I couldn't believe I made it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food choices look perfect. Being a Nebraska girl at heart I love beef and prime rib is my favorite but I've never made it.
    I loved hearing about your gifts and the thought and love put into each one. How sweet of the boys to know you love chickens! That made me smile.
    I sure hope you get a camera soon because I miss seeing all of your projects. Have a nice relaxing day today.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good and I hope everything turned out delicious! We had prime rib Christmas Day...I like it but I like mine well done:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see those potholders when you get a camera. :) I've been distracted lately so definitely need to water my outdoor plants tomorrow. And need to get back to some crafting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm posting them today....the camera started working! It's a Christmas miracle!!!!

      Delete
  6. Hi Sam :)) I can't wait to see photos of your gifts!!! And the sock progress!! Your meal sounds so good and I hope it all tasted delicious and you DID make it during this extended Christmas holiday! :) I'm so glad you had fun, and opening the presents together over the phone is such a nice idea!

    Oh gosh, I can't think about my poor plants...all of my herbs in the window have perished from the cold...my winter garden is a bust! But...lessons learned right? :) I'll concentrate on the summer garden from now on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry yours dies but now I feel a little better and not like a 'killer'! LOL The dinner was marvelous and I can't believe I made it! I thought I was dining out in a fancy restaurant..that's how good it was! It must be you rubbing off on me! LOL!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!