Thursday, May 7, 2020

Happy Days are here again!!!

I got some much-needed sleep last night and felt great all day today! It's amazing what a good night's sleep can do for you.   I got going this morning to make up for all I didn't get done yesterday! LOL!  I cleaned the litter boxes, did 2 loads of laundry, hung them out and picked and folded them and they are in the house now.  I baked a loaf of bread and worked on my Stitch Maynia Day #7 project which is March from a Year of Celebrations by Hands On Design
I also took my walk and I got treasures in the mail!!!!  Happy Mother's Day to me!  The top are number charms that I will put on my project bags denoting which Stitch Maynia day it is for when I go back to stitch them.  The other is a multi-tool for cross stitch............
I got some 'fancy' floss.....the hand-dyed floss.........
Lots of cloth to stitch on.....I had none left......except some oddball colors.........some of this will get dyed too..........coffee/tea and Rit...........
Some new project bags that are like rubber or plastic netting and you can actually cross stitch on them! 
and a new pattern from The Real Housewives of Cross Stitch..........Priscilla and Chelsea
....too cute!!!
There's more coming too.....maybe tomorrow...........
In other news today, my neighbor called and asked if I had any damage to my roof from that last storm or 2 we had.  I said I didn't know and I hadn't thought to check.  She said she had hers checked and there's damage and she is getting a new roof.  Her roof was practically new!  So, I called my insurance gal and she said to have my contractor take a look and get on his list because if she needed a new roof, I probably do too and the adjusters are swamped!  Who knew?  It will be a big deductible but I am so glad she called me!  Stay tuned for further developments!
I'm off to make that Blue Kitchen vegetable dish that I loved from the island of Sardinia.  Storms are on the horizon but nothing severe that I know of.  I'm glad I got my clothes dried and off the line.
I hope you had a great day and remember....get your rest!
Happy Trails!!!

17 comments:

  1. Glad you got some sleep! And ooooh, aaaah fun treasures:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd been saving up for Stitch Maynia this year! Yes, the rest was wonderful!

      Delete
  2. So glad you were able to get a good night's sleep. You certainly were productive! Loved all your little treasures from the mailman! Those bags are cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debi! When I feel like that it scares me as I think it is old age! LOL! But then I rest and wake up rarin' to go again so the "infirmity" of old age is postponed another day!

      Delete
  3. What lovely treasures. You do give yourself some nice gifts. Hopefully your roof escaped damage. I keep stating I want a tin roof the next time. They are expensive but last forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably should have gotten one as my roof is only about 7 years old but they are pricey!

      Delete
  4. Gosh, I hope your roof is okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if it isn't, I have insurance which is more than some down here.

      Delete
  5. It's so good to hear you sounding chipper again. Your goodies look terrific. I hope the roof situation works to your satisfaction. Several years back we received enough hail damage for insurance to pay for replacing our roof (after our deductable). The timing couldn't have been any better for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually my roof is only about 7 or 10 years old and my neighbors was only about 3 years old. That was good timing for yours!

      Delete
  6. You sound like yourself again today. It's amazing what a good night of sleep will do. I loe all of your gifts to yourself. So much good "stuff". All of us stitchers are jealous. :-). I'm still trying to find the floss that I need. I sure hope one of the craft stores opens soon so I can run in and get what I need.
    I'm glad your neighbor told you about her roof. It's sure better to know and get it taken care of. There sure seem to be a lot of more severe storms already this spring.
    I hung some clothes on the line and actually sewed a new clothespin bag. Mine was 40 years old and the fabric was rotted with age. I looked on Amazon and didn't want to pay what they wanted for most of them and the one I did like wouldn't get here for 3 weeks! And then I thought, I can make a new one. So I just took the old frame and sewed a new bag on it with a scrap of material I had. It's great! I need to think that way more often instead of just buying new. Have a great day Sam!
    Blessings and a big hug.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you with all your sewing! Dresses and now a clothespin hanger? I need a new one too as mine is my mothers and on it's last legs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Strong And Powerful Love Spell To Win Your Ex Back.. I have decided that i am going to spend the whole day on the internet just to make sure that a lot of people are able to read this my testimony about Dr.happy who is a powerful spell caster from Africa, After been abandon by my lover i was so lonely that very day that i decided to go through the net for some relationships tips, I never knew that this was the road map that will secure the return of my lover. After reading a lot of tips on how to restore my relationship in a more better way i discovered that Dr.happy has a lot of recommendation than other spell casters, So with this i had my mind made up that Dr.happy was the right person for the job, And i contacted Dr.happy through his details which i saw on the internet and i was so happy that i chose to work with Dr.happy because his work was 100% perfect and the spell brought my lover back to me with fast relief you can also contact him for help now email.. happylovespell2@gmail.com
    Website...happylovespell2.webnode.com/
    Whatsapp/cal +2348133873774

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sound better today! I am so tired today, headed for a nap soon! That was a good shopping day getting all your supplies! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing what a good night's sleep does for us isn't it?! Very happy mail - and enough to keep you busy I think :-) Hope it's not too bad news about your roof..even if insurance covers it, it's still a disruption having to get the work done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.

    BBQ cleaning
    End of lease cleaning Redfern

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!