Monday, February 17, 2020

Off to a good start!

I made one of the Blue Zone Kitchen recipes from Sardinia and it was amazing!  Who would have thought that some roasted vegetables with some herbs could make your house smell heavenly and taste that way too!  It is called Veggie Cassola.  I am including the recipe for you with the hope that you will like it as much as I do and it is so good for you!  It is from the cookbook The Blue Zones Kitchen and if you like it you can go buy the cookbook.  This is the only recipe I've made so far but it is a winner!  I took this picture before I cooked it and I forgot to take a picture after it came out of the oven.

"Total cook time: 70 minutes   Makes 4 servings
Talana, like the other villages in the Sardinian blue zones area, is located a day's journey from the sea (and until 1960, a two-day round-trip trek was required to reach the coast).  To avoid the travel, villagers produced their food in the highlands around their homes instead of relying on seafood.  During the summer, when their gardens offer a bounty of fresh vegetables, this hearty dish appears on the dinner table of Sardinian shepherds most nights of the week.

1 zucchini cut into 1/2 inch dice
1 large onion, chopped
2 large red or yellow bell peppers, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 Italian eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch dice
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
salt and pepper (optional)
1 bunch parsley, washed and chopped
5 leaves basil
1 sprig thyme, stemmed and minced
1 sprig oregano, stemmed and minced
3 bay leaves

Preheat oven to 300 F.  In a large bowl, toss all vegetables with olive oil.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Toss with herbs, then spread out evenly on a large roasting pan.  Roast for 1 hour.  Remove bay leaves, then serve with crusty bread."

If you make this I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

It was Cleaning Extravaganza again and this week is my hallway.  I dusted walls and woodwork on one side and all the pictures and frames.  The pictures here are hung with no particular order.....I  just wanted them off the floor and used nails that were already there!   I removed a defunct doorbell chime and went through a box of papers and miscellaneous "stuff"
By the time I went through this box I refilled it with lots of papers to burn.  I put away the other items and that was it for today in the hallway.
I went for my walk and filled my new battery container.  I tested all the batteries before putting them in the container.  The tester worked great!  I have yet to put my AA's in there but I could use 2 of these containers!

 I had these left over.................
I keep it in one of my dresser drawers so it is handy especially in the middle of the night during a storm!  I do like it a lot!
 I worked on my scarf but guess what?  I ran out of yarn!  I hope Walmart gets more of this color in as I really like it and I like this pattern too.
 I've made Betsy's French Onion Slow Cooker Chicken today...it is cooking away and I have potatoes cooking for mashed potatoes.  I'll have the veggie cassola also but eventually I will be using it for a main dish.  I hope you've had a wonderful Monday!
Here are your "tidbits" for today...........
This would be great for Spring! Here's the link
I happen to love math but I know not everyone shares that feeling...........

Happy Trails!!!







15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EFFECTIVE LOVE SPELL CASTER AND LOTTERY SPELL CASTER 
      After being in relationship with my husband for years, he broke up with me. I did everything within my reach to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because of the love I had for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back , I had no choice than to try it. I messaged Dr Gbojie, and he assured me there was no problem and that everything will be okay before three days. He cast the spell and surprisingly on the second day, my husband called me. I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that had happened He wanted me to return to him. He also said he loved me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again. The spell casters email is gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com  . You can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or any other Case. Or WhatApp him on +2349066410185 (1) Love Spells 2) Lost Love Spells 3) Divorce Spells 4) Marriage Spells 5) Binding Spell. 6) Breakup Spells 7) Banish a past Lover 8.) You want to be promoted in your office/ Lottery spell 9) want to satisfy your lover Contact this great man if you are having any problem for a lasting solution through :  gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com , gbojiespiritualtemple@yahoo.com OR whatsapp : +2349066410185 website : http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me
      Thanks Dr. Gbojie 

      Delete
    2. I have been married to my wife for 6 years and recently she broke up with me and it hurt me deeply when she told me to leave her alone and that she doesn't love me anymore when i was always faithful and honest to her. I tried all the ways to get her back buying her what she wants like I always did and she still left me heart broken and she even has a new boyfriend which destroyed me even more until a friend of mine from high school directed me to Dr Emu. This man changed my life completely. I followed everything he told me to do and my wife came back. I was stunned everything happened exactly like he told me. I had faith in everything he told me and everything was true. You can contact him via email: Emutemple@gmail.com He will help you in anything you need and quick to answer once you contact him through his whats-app number: +2347012841542
      For more details about Dr Emu you can visit his Website: http://emutemple.website2.me/

      Delete
  2. I love having meatless meals. Hubby, not so much. I always look forward to Lent where we are meatless on Fridays. Lent starts next Wednesday. I already have a list of meatless meals to make lol. I so hope you can get more of the yarn for your scarf. Can you order it through the WalMart website?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet he would like that one! I will look on the Walmart website...good idea, thanks!

      Delete
  3. I sure hope you like the chicken as much as we did. I think it will be great with your veggie dish and mashed potatoes. I sure do like your battery box. I may need to get one of those. Right now the batteries are all in a jumble in a drawer. It sounds like you've gotten a lot accomplished today with your cleaning. I shredded a bunch of papers last week and felt like I really did a lot.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the chicken was very good with the onion gravy and mashed potatoes! I am trying to cut out meat so this may be the last meat dish I make! LOL! We'll see. I still have some bacon in the frig though! LOL!

      Delete
  4. I love roasted veggies and like the looks of the spices you added. I'll definitely be trying this. I've never seen a battery box like that. It looks very handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the battery box on HSN and then they sent me a $10 coupon so I may just get another one! LOL!

      Delete
  5. We make something similar with carrots, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower and peppers...Far Guy likes his with olive oil and balsamic vinegar...I like mine plain with just olive oil and no peppers:) Plain Jane that is me! I am working on a prayer shawl it was a pattern on Annies Design Facebook page. Hard to get started but I can see it being a great project! I am using a very fine wool and silk yarn....it should drape well. Go a blocking block made today for my squares from the Blathin project...I have two test squares drying now.
    It snowed and I just shoveled the walk not the patio we got about 3 inches of white crap:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you could just use what vegetables you had on hand or what's in season. I'll have to check Annies, I love all the projects people show on there and her designs are always nice. Good for you with the Blaithin...I'll get back to it some day. We were supposed to get rain but I never saw it unless it came in the night. Have a good day and I hope the white stuff steers clear of you and the sun comes out...here too.

      Delete
  6. I don't often think to just have veggies for a meal, but the suggestion of eating those roasted vegetables with some crusty bread sounds pretty perfect. Love the quote by Theodore Roosevelt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm trying to get away from meat. I never have liked it that much but when I was married I fixed it as I thought it was good for growing children. Now, I'm not so sure. From what I understand from this book is that these blue zones eat little meat if any. Plus, they probably do more physical labor too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get my paper shredder out. I typically save it for fire starters while camping, but it's going to get recycled. I have a lot to shred. I've just been busy catching up. The recipe looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah I've tried this one of the recipe and it was really good.
    This article is really unique.
    Cleartsy Blackhead Remover

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!