Sunday, January 19, 2020

YOP Week #29

I hope you had a good week  I was doing fine until I somehow...do not ask me....I messed up my sock and had to frog.  I was just starting on the heel turn.  I must admit it was not a good day for me as my mind was on other issues.  So, to get myself back on track I decided to take my daily walk.  While walking it felt like my shoe had gotten wet so when I came home I took my shoe off and lo and behold I had blown out the toe on my hand-knitted sock  that I have only worn maybe 4 times?


It was Cherry Heart's pattern and it is a rounded toe.  I have no idea how to repair it....do any of you?  Or is it a goner?  I've never had that happen although I must admit I have just started wearing my socks.  I was not a happy camper yesterday. 
As for what got done this week......one bib finished

and another started.......

I worked a bit on my cowl.............
I finished the first week of the Scrapghan CAL.............
Santa Sunday..............
Monthly Monday...............
and Stars and Stripes Saturday.............

that's all my crafting this week..............my punch needle still has not come in!  This morning I made waffles...........I freeze them and then stick them in the toaster just like Eggo's! My waffle maker is so old the cord is cloth!  But it works great and never sticks if I spray it with Crisco.  Waffle batter recipe is on All Recipes, of course! LOL!
My Cleaning Extravaganza is going well!  I've finished the bathroom (week #1) and my closet (week #2).  This coming week is week #3; my bedroom.  I'm taking a load of bags and boxes to the Salvation Army in Mountain Home one day next week so we'll see if I get the bedroom done in 1 week but even 2 weeks and I'll be happy!
Here are your "tidbits" for today.............Here are the instructions at Ehow
Who said animals aren't smart?  That is probably who we learned it from!
I have got to do this!  I have several lampshades that need repairing/recovering..........Here are the instructions

and last but not least....a little humor to sprinkle over your day.............
Happy Trails!!!



22 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your sock unraveling, that is just too bad. I do hope you'll find a way to mend it. My housekeeping style is more on the side of "pack of wolves on the loose", thanks to my beloved Collies who keep on giving the gift of shedding. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. I am with you on the shedding girlfriend! I had 2 dogs that unfortunately both passed this past summer and I can't believe how much easier it is to keep the house clean. But saying that I miss them terribly and would take the shedding and dog hair back in a heartbeat if I could. I used to have collies growing up...we never had just one dog....but multiples! LOL!

      Delete
  2. You definitely deserve an A+ for the week, in both crafting and cleaning! I am sure there's a way to mend that darling sock, probably find how on YouTube. And, from yesterday's post... We also have a couple of saddles in the house. I love them! I am impressed with your closet and with all the empty spaces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now if I can just keep them empty and not fill them with new junk! LOL! You Tube is a great idea! I google everything and You Tube too! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Oh Sam. I hope someone will be able to explain how to mend your sock. They take so much time to make. I would hate to think of it as trash.

    That scrapghan is so pretty. When fo the next clues come out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I went back and looked at my other socks and noticed a hole starting at the toe on another pair. It seems to be the rounded toe. I don't see anything on the kitchenered toes. I don't think I will do rounded toes anymore.
      The clue for this week comes out today I think.

      Delete
  4. Could you pick up the stitches and reknit the toe - even with different yarn - no-one sees the toe inside your shoe anyways? I had something similar happen because I think I screwed up my kitchener graft. I love the ending quip about housework - I think that is my state of housework too. Thanks for the inspiration to tidy things up - check out my post - I have made some progress in the craft/study room. Enjoy the playoffs! I chuckled at your comment about getting your drift and I thought no no no more snow drifts! LOL. But that is just me, here in snowmageddon land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look at it again but when things like that happen I have to put them and me in timeout for awhile until things calm down and I can bear to look at it again. LOL! I noticed my Kitchener toed socks are fine but I did notice a hole starting in another pair that had the rounded toe.....no more rounded toe for me!

      Delete
  5. good going on the cleaning...I'm still cleaning out the inlaws stuff....and figuring out how to live here....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I deciced to do a room at a time. I watched a podcast gal that cleans "hoarder" type houses and it was really motivating and she did a room in a day! I can't remember her name but it was amazing how it made me WANT to clean! LOL!

      Delete
  6. Hope you can pick up the stitches and repair the sock. I wonder what happened?? I just use the k stitch and then weave in my end back and forth. You made great progress last week...your bibs look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed another sock starting a hole on the toe and they are both socks where I knit a rounded toe and not a kitchenered toe....beware!
      The 2nd bib with same weight yarn and hook is smaller...go figure! LOL!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sam, I think you can just pick up and reknit the stitiches and then kitchener the toe. Even if you don't have the same yarn anymore, no one will see the toe. Somehow it must have had a dropped stitch or something in there.
    That waffle looks delicious. I do the same with waffles. Make a big batch and then freeze them.
    Wishing you a wonderful Monday my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice....I will try that once I have my patience back! LOL! I noticed another "rounde toe" sock starting a hole....not sure but I won't be doing a rou nded toe any more!

      Delete
  9. To make it easier to fix the toe I would recommend threading some scrap yarn on an embroidery needle and pick the stitches up on that and then thread the knitting needle through where the scrap yarn is. That way you won’t be fighting with dropping more stitches as you try to thread the knitting needle. Once you’ve got your needles back on then I would just carry on knitting and re-do the toe and close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! Great idea! Thank you! I'm so glad there are better knitters than I out there when I run into a problem! LOL!

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! How disappointing to have a hole in a recently made sock. :( I hope you'll figure out a way to repair it. That finished bib sure is pretty, and all your other projects are coming along! I LOVE your waffle. How pretty. And now that you've made me hungry, and I'm on my own for supper tonight I think I'm going to take some waffles out of the freezer and eat THEM. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry about your socks. I only ever wear my hand knit socks but only do them toe up. I would do as others have said, pick up and then kitchener.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!