Monday, November 4, 2019

NaBloPoMo Day #4

It's a gorgeous day here so I was able to get a little more painting done..........and evidently while I was out there a spider crawled in my hair!  Yikes! He started crawling out down my forehead while I was doing this blog and he was not a gentle looking spider either!  I swiped him to the floor and killed him...yes, it's probably an unfounded fear but I am allergic to some and one landed me in the hospital one time so.....he's a goner now.  Most of the time I try to take them outside but this one was too close for comfort!  Anyway, I did get some painting done...........the other section of the door on the right.....next will be the white and it will all require 3 coats in the end.
Today I emptied and relined the garbages in the house and got the garbage can out to the street for tomorrow's pickup.  I called in a prescription, went to the library and picked up my medicine.  I've done a load of laundry and gotten all the Halloween stuff packed away and in the basement.  Walmart was supposed to deliver my groceries Saturday but they said on my tracking that it would be Monday....well, here it is Monday and still no groceries but I noticed they took the money out today and they don't do that until they know it is on the truck.  That's what I get for bragging about them!
I finished my 4th and final Ragwort square.  I have some ends to weave in and I still have the 4 solid squares to do...........

I've got the yarns ready for the first one......in my fancy Ziplock project bag! LOL!

I did manage to find a box to put my finished squares in.....I think it is for photos but it will do........

Evidently the Christmas season has started because I got 4 catalogs in the mail today!  The Play Together catalog is from Amazon!  I didn't know they were sending out catalogs?  It's news to me!
My soup turned out good last night and I'll be having it again tonight!  Now I need to go do some clearing and cleaning and then there's Monthly Monday cross stitch to work on.
I hope you are off to a great start this week!
Happy Trails!!!









11 comments:

  1. I am working on the last four squares...one is partially done! I have mine stacked up on my desk.
    We just have tiny spiders here but I squish them anyways when they are in the house...outside they can live! I know I am a meany:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually that's pretty much my theory too....outside is their territory but the house is mine!

      Delete
  2. Your painting job is looking great, Sam. That outdoor cabinet is going to look sharp all painted in the brown. I'm with you regarding spiders, but here they get vacuumed. I can't usually bring myself to squish them - blech!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He would have been gone by the time I got the vacuum out! LOL! Then I would have been looking around all day wondering where he was and itching uncontrollably thinking he was on me!

      Delete
  3. Live your fancy ziplock project bag. I have one just like it lol. You sure do keep yourself busy. I so want to get outside and do some work on our back yard. It is still in the high 80's here! As for spiders......I would kill it too!!!!! Nasty things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought there was a big cold front that came across the South....did you miss it?
      Of coursem when you cool off it will be freezing here! LOL!

      Delete
  4. I didn't know Amazon sent out magazines either. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam i had the same thing happen to me a spider walking up my face and i saw it legs through the corner of my eye boy did i jump and swipe,got the fright of my life,glad it didnt bite you.
    I love those crochet squares,well done my friend you have been busy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....spiders are my fear along with heights! I'm not even as afraid of snakes or vermin as I am of spiders. The insect guy came and those sticky traps they set out were full of brown recluse....great!

      Delete
  6. Good Morning Sam! You are a busy lady. I hope your groceries finally arrived yesterday. The spider scare had me running my fingers through my hair. I detest spiders and I don't like snakes either. I just read your above reply to Sheryl and shuddered at the idea of your traps being full of brown recluse. They really scare me as Dennis' uncle lost his leg from a bite of a brown recluse. Ick!
    I like the box you chose for your squares. They are really vibrant and pretty colors. The shed project is coming along too. You're almost done with the painting!
    Our garbage day is today and I almost forgot to take the cans out. Thankfully I heard the truck a block over and got the cans to the curb in time. This time change really messes me up. Have a great day my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!