Thursday, February 7, 2019

Stormin' all night and then today..........

Didn't sleep too well last night as we had a real 'frog strangler'.....that's what they call the heavy rains down here.  It's just like someone has a bucket and pours it out all over us.  It thundered and lightninged  and beat against the windows and then there was hail.  That's when I got up to see if there were any warnings......none.  Many times when there's hail it comes before a tornado but we were fine.....just tired.  It rained all morning too and stormed.  I got my chores done and then when it let up a bit I went to the bank and the grocery store where I got softner salt.  I came home and put it in the softner.  It always makes me feel good that I can still lift and tote! LOL!
My sourdough bread is now in 2 bread pans and in my oven with the light on and a wet towel over them.  I'll re-wet the towel before I go to bed and they will get baked off tomorrow sometime when I think they have risen as much as they're going to.
BTW......it's gotten much colder and windier and tonight is supposed to go down to 16 F!  I'm still sticking to my 'early spring' story though! 
The only other thing I've done is gather up my paint supplies and paint my door to the garage with chalk paint...
  I've been wanting to do this for awhile now and I've had the paint.  So I had at it!  It will definitely need another coat or 2 maybe.  I've never used this paint so we'll see.  I used to have magnets on my fridge with lists but they were always falling down or I had the cheap whiteboards from the Dollar General.  I thought  the door would be plenty big enough for me to write my menu, items needed the next time I go to the store and maybe even my top priorities for the week.  Yes, I am a "list girl"!
I did not work on my Witchy Wednesday cross stitch last night so tonight I will for sure.
Have any of you used the black chalkboard paint before?   According to the directions it will go on just about anything!  Who knew?
Happy Trails!!!  

6 comments:

  1. Yes I used chalk board paint on a craft project a long time ago. getting it even seemed to be a struggle:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your weather sounds crazy over there! We are in a winter storm watch for tomorrow and Saturday. Who knows what will happen but I sure hope it passes us by. The sweetheart dinner at church is Saturday night and I hate to think of everyone out driving around when it’s nasty. I also hate to think of them canceling it when so many people have put so much work into it.
    I have never used chalkboard paint but Mandy did. She made a little black board when they lived in Portland and she still uses it. It turned out very nice.
    I’m waiting with anticipation to hear how your bread turns out. It’s been a fun interesting process so far. :-)
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, our weather is not so great either. Sounds like that chalkboard paint has made things handy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the chalkboard paint!! Another great idea is waiting at Walmart. Go to the auto department and there is a metal pan (like a giant cookie sheet) called a oil drip pan or something. It is about 2' x 4' and was less than $5. I have mine screwed on the wall and since it is metal, it is magnetic. I have mine right by my back door and even with the grandkids slamming, I have never lost a magnet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.

    Spring cleaning Sydney
    End of lease cleaning Bondi Junction

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!