Friday, February 8, 2019

Bakin' and Makin'

Well, I took this picture of the cupcake liners and then forgot to take a picture of the cream cheese blueberry muffins I made in them.....trust me.....they were delicious!
 I baked my sourdough bread this morning...it had risen nicely......
  and....(drum roll please)..............I am super pleased with how it turned out!  It looks exactly like Lisa's who's been making it for years now.............
 I was amazed at my first try but I think patience is the key....letting it rise in a warm place for as long as it takes....................
 Great flavor too.......guess what I had for breakfast?  LOL!
 Next I'll be trying a no-knead version using sourdough starter.

 First I 'baked' and then I 'maked'.............
I finally got to machine quilting on my little quilt...............I'm quilting "in the ditch" but I have to go slow and I'm still not very good at it especially when I only have white thread.....a navy blue might have been better! LOL!  But it will do for a nice little table topper for my kitchen table or some table around here...............
A few more times around the little squares and I should be done then there will be binding tomorrow.............
It was craft day here.....what did you get up to today?
Happy Trails!!!

4 comments:

  1. I can almost smell that bread. It looks wonderful. Congratulations on such beautiful loaves. Your quilts look very pretty too. I’m sure you’re harder on yourself about your stitching then you deserve. I had physical therapy this morning and I’m watching the snow fly. We have a lot so far. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a little bit of a craft day. Let myself sit on the couch this afternoon and knit on hubby's latest pair of socks. Got about 2" done above the cuff. (Or would it be below the cuff?) We had lots of snowplowing and shoveling to do today after the snow and wind yesterday. Lots of drifts in paths that had to be cleared.

    Your bread looks substantial! (That's good in my book.) And all the better because it's sourdough which is supposed to be very healthy for us.

    Seeing you with your quilt on the sewing machine makes my fingers itch to do some quilting again one of these days. Too many projects, so little time! I know you can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bread looks SO yummy! And I love the pretty old fashioned prints of blue in your quilt. It's going to be beautiful...it already is!!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bread looks wonderful! Stay warm! We were -35 this morning :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!