Monday, February 4, 2019

Farther ahead or further behind?

I'm getting things done but I am as slow as a slug or slower.  I did get a later start than usual today as I watched the Superbowl last night.  It was boring but I got some crocheting on my Granny Square shawl done. 
I needed to bake bread today but I'm not using my sourdough starter yet.  It would have meant I needed to bake it tomorrow after sitting all night and I'm going to Walmart tomorrow.  So, I made my usual white flour and yeast no-knead bread.........it is ready for it's second rise for 35 minutes and then I will bake it off.
I had so much to do today and wanted so badly to get outside and weed but I had some other priorities and the day got away from me...........I did manage to 'kit up' my January Hawk Run Hollow cross stitch project which didn't get done yesterday.  Good thing I did it because I needed floss badly!  Sometimes I just substitute but I had so few that I decided it was high time I ordered some floss.  I have not ordered any DMC for years! LOL! 
I gathered what I had, cut my fabric to size and zigzagged all around the edge to keep it from fraying.
 Of course when I ordered the floss  it didn't seem worth it to pay for shipping when I could add a few more things to the order to make it 'worthwhile'....lol!  I ordered a Christmas ornament that was on my wish list and on sale and I ordered another pattern that is a SAL with Priscilla and Chelsea of The Real Housewives of Cross Stitch podcast.   I felt better.
 It was a gorgeous day....70's I'm sure.  I did take a few pictures though so you wouldn't think I was just making these things up.........
Here's my awesome greens!  Aren't they gorgeous?  No disease in these babies!  You can see where I 'succession' planted.   
Here are my daffodils coming up...............
These are tiny white flowers...really tiny....they're in my yard so they must be a weed! LOL!
Here's the ajuga or adjuga coming up..............it's that little purple flower...it looks like a teeny tiny lipstick vine.................
and here's the iris coming up................
See?  I wasn't kidding.........Spring really is here!  It might take awhile to reach you but it travels pretty fast going North............keep an eye out!
Happy Trails!!!


10 comments:

  1. You have spring!! Send it North! Snowy and cold today. Your greens are looking great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous of your greens. I wish I had some "real" salad ingredients. And safe to eat, too! Your yard looks wonderful! Please feel free to send your weather to Ohio, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring! I can hardly believe it. We had some snow last night and I think the high was around 7 or 8°F today. It was so cold I wore a hat for the first time this winter. And you got to be outside weeding. Your bread looks delicious Yum. Please send some of that warmth up north. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our only spring weather (and plants poking through) will be by looking at the pictures in your posts. True spring weather (or lack thereof.) is the only time I dislike living up here near the tundra! We tend to go from cold, melting, muddy late winter into the 70 degree days of early summer. So keep those spring pictures coming and I'll enjoy seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so envious of your Spring! I'll keep an eye out though! :) Your greens look fantastic Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will have lovely flowers blooming in no time. You are so good about making bread. I need to get back into the habit of baking bread more often. I like it so much better than store bought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your weather sounds wonderful. It'll be a while before spring hits us. I hope to get my seed order in soon, so I can get peas/potatoes etc. planted early this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a happy post, filled with hope for spring... thank you!
    We had 3 plus inches of snow here yesterday, and another 4 or so inches of snow overnight.
    Spring will come. I just need to be patient.
    Thanks for sharing your early 'spring' with us :)

    Smiles :)
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, we have nothing that looks remotely like spring in the mid-Atlantic states - a few warm days but nothing that would wake up the earth and start greening it up. I fear we have at least another month of this. No matter. I love winter so I will enjoy it while it is here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!