Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Raining, pouring, raining.............

 I can watch the grass greening up as it rains...literally!

Yesterday was Walmart and I'm so glad I went yesterday as I would not have wanted to be loading and unloading groceries in this rain.  Yesterday was foggy and misty but not pouring.
I bought some organic seeds at Walmart for things I can plant now...........more greens but these will go in containers............kale, peas, read leaf lettuce, green lettuce mix and green onions.  The rest I'll order from Baker's Heirloom Seed Co.
I also got some pansies they had on sale....    .66 and 1.11...deal!  They put them on sale because they're half dead but a little loving care and they pop right back to life!  I watered them as soon as I got home and here they are today.....alive and thriving...........
I got myself some Valentine flowers too.............aren't they lovely?

I actually started my Hawk Run Hollow January picture..................I only have a few of the colors.....my other ones should be arriving any day now...............so I thought I would get it started..........
Here's the no knead bread I made the other night...........

today I made some sourdough bread dough that will rise overnight..........I have been wanting to try it.  They say it isn't easy to get sourdough to rise and some people add yeast but to me that sort of defeats the purpose.  I'm excited to see how it does as my starter really seems ready....every morning when I go to feed it, it has lots of bubbles!  I am making 2 loaves in regular bread pans.
Rise, baby, rise!  I covered it with a wet cloth and will put it on top of the frig where it is warmer.
I'm either going to discard some starter or look for more recipes or both as I have plenty now.  This bread only used 1 cup for 2 loaves.   If any of you have any sourdough recipes you's like to share I would be much obliged!
It's Witchy Wednesday today so I will work on my Button-Eyed Cat x-stitch tonight.  What are you up to?
Happy Trails!!!



6 comments:

  1. Man, oh, man... it's great to see lawn grass, let alone green grass :)
    Our yards are covered in snow still.
    Your no~knead bread looks delish! I love no~knead bread, and it makes the most delicious toast..Yum!
    Baker Creek is a great place to buy seeds. I'm not buying any seeds this year, as we are planning on moving and I would be so sad to have to leave garden goodness growing.
    Looking forward to learning a new way to garden though, and living in a climate that is very favorable to growing herbs year round :)

    Smiles :)
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're enjoying the rain we sent you. Love sourdough bread. You are such a great homemaker. Love watching all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am anxious to hear about your sourdough bread and if you liked it! Green grass I am so jealous! :) A blizzard is on its way :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s supposed to snow here every day for the next nine days starting Friday morning. I can only wish for grass is greening up from rain. Your bread looks absolutely wonderful. I think I’m going to try to bake some one day soon. I can’t wait to hear how yours turns out.
    Many blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are getting a ton of rain too. And fog. I'm currently working on a new baby bootie pattern. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your bread came out good. I'll look through my old cookbooks and see if I still have recipes. I used sourdough starter....years ago! Lovely flowers! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!