Saturday, February 2, 2019

First things first!

Today is ordinarily Craft Day but that depends on if there's laundry to do or food to prepare and then there's the daily chores and the girls meds and food and water and going out every 10 minutes...I tell you.....it reminds me of when my children were small and I would fix breakfast for everyone and I wouldn't even be done washing the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen and it was time for lunch!
That's the way it is here with the 'elder dog care' and cleaning up their 'messes'.  But God love them and it won't be long until someone is cleaning up my 'messes' most probably! LOL!
 I wanted to finish a little quilt top I had made.  I found my batting but could not find the backing fabric! After searching for about 20 minutes I decided God had other plans for me and I decided it was to plan my garden and get my seed order ready. I went through my entire Baker Heirloom Seed catalog but only highlighted.....I'll have to go back and refine my 'wants'.
I got my seeds out that I have and found some 'greens' seeds that I didn't know I had........although Arugula is not my favorite...it is bitter but 'waste not want not'!
Earlier in the day I made some spaghetti/pasta sauce for some spaghetti squash I have.........it simmered for quite awhile.............

and then since it makes about 8 cups I decided to freeze 4 cups............so I froze 2 bags each with 2 cups in them...........

So then I put the rest in a glass jar I had...........but..............

the remainder of the sauce ended up being about 1 1/2 cups....huh?  Oh well, I can always defrost the other if need be...........I'll have to check the recipe again...I could have sworn it said it made 8 cups.
I also made some tuna salad for lunch and had with some saltines...
 It warmed up quite a bit today and was in the 50's I imagine..............Nitty enjoyed sitting out in the sun...............
it still wasn't warm enough for Annie.........she stayed inside with me............
So, that was my Craft Day....I 'crafted' alright but I have no quilt to show for it! LOL!
Enjoy your evening!
Happy Trails!!!


8 comments:

  1. You did a lot, even if not all you wanted.

    Like everything, what's not done, will be there tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see photos of the old girls:) Some days the best laid plans just don't happen:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just gotta go with the flow. What will be, will be. Bless those aging furbabies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your girls and the wonderful care you give them. Funny about the pasta sauce. That happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I thought I made plenty to freeze, but nope! I made tuna salad yesterday. I was craving it for a week or so and finally gave in.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's finally warming up for us today. The dog is very happy too. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No crafting, perhaps, but still a profitable day.

    I love arugula and have never found it bitter. Isn't it curious . . . wonder if it is the different soils yours and mine are grown in or if it's our different taste buds!? Guess that's why one person likes something and another person doesn't.

    Hoping you can take your craft day today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing those furry friends. They are so darn cute. That tomato sauce looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pasta sauce looks so yummy. How great that you have more for meals at another time. And look at Nitty enjoying the warm sun, while Annie is looking at you like she's expecting something. What sweeties. You take good care of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!